Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Dear Internet Tablet Talk forum, the Maemo Summit is officially launched.

Berlin, September 19-20 @ c-base - right after http://www.osimworld.com .

Here is the announcement and a little more in my blog.

The registration is open and free. Special message to those of you contributing heavily to ITt: see you there. It's going to be fun.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
will the new logo for maemo be decided at the summit?

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by Scarflash View Post
will the new logo for maemo be decided at the summit?
Nope, way before. Say First week of August. Otherwise we won't have time to print shirts and stickers. And it will be difficult for the winner to win that trip to the summit.

Now that you mention though, I'm proposing a very special dress code por the participants of the Summit...

Is it possible to get the list of most thanked ITt contributors?

There is another intersting statistic that throws some usernames: aflegg, Benson, bunanson, Bundyo, fanoush, fpp, GeneralAntilles, geneven, gnuite, handful, Hedgecore, Karel Jansens, Milhouse, penguinbait, qwerty12, TA-t3, Texrat (*) & zerojay.

Please join. Travel and accommodation expenses shouldn't be a problem in your case. Reggie is already confirmed in the schedule and presenting with Krisse in prime time.

Then editors Reggie and RogerS, for obvious reasons here.

Then sjgadsby, those bug jars speak for themselves. We are impressed for your initiative every week.

Who else? Don't try to convince us. Convince them directly to register. The sooner the better because now it's when travel and accommodation are still in the decent price range.

An only condition for you would be to contribute to the program somehow: present something in a lightning session, facilitate a BoF or a workshop... Any ideas welcome (in the wiki page please). Not that you don't have things to say.

(*) Texrat: the community guy in you deserves to be in the statistic but our sponsorship mini-program is not for Nokia employees. Contact me internally if you need a hand.

Last edited by qgil; 2008-07-04 at 04:56.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
I am trying to join.
Trying to figure out if I can make it and, also, how I can contribute to the summit.

If not, Berlin is not so far away anyway from where I live and I should be able to make it anyway.

I really would like not to miss it.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Is it possible to get the list of most thanked ITt contributors?

There is another intersting statistic that throws some usernames: aflegg, Benson, bunanson, Bundyo, fanoush, fpp, GeneralAntilles, geneven, gnuite, handful, Hedgecore, Karel Jansens, Milhouse, penguinbait, qwerty12, TA-t3, Texrat (*) & zerojay.

Please join.
I'd honestly love to but I need to get a few years added on to my age first

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I honestly don't have anything worthy to show

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
I honestly don't have anything worthy to show
You are just way three humble, one notch above two . I have been following your work and benefits tremendously. You would have fun there!

Where is Milhouse? It is a little bit too quiet for Mil with all these Diablo goin' on

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-07-04 at 14:45.

Nice to be mentioned in that list, but after reading up on the summit and scratching my head for a while I can't for the life of me think of anything that I could possibly contribute, unfortunately.

Last edited by TA-t3; 2008-07-04 at 16:23.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
No bun, i'm not humble. I only did some ports, nothing wrote myself.

Tags
maemo.org