Hello all, I think more of you do read rss feeds on N8**.... please how do you handle reading on more devices?

E.g. during my morning travel in public transport I'd like to read on my N800 and later in office I'd like to continue on my desktop. Sure, the desktop downloads also items already read on N800....

one way is to use google reader, but I'd like to have some other client. claws-rss maybe... (copying the data folder from n800 to pc and back - but I dunno :-( )

any idea:?

hello
Try google reader!
And especially www.google.com/reader/i/
@+

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Yup. I have switched to using Google Reader from my NIT, phone, and desktop. Works quite well. Though, on the NIT, you'll definitely want to use the keyboard shortcuts (assuming you're on the N810).

(for the NIT I use the standard version, with the left pane closed; on the phone I use the mobile edition, and often leave things "mark unread" so that I can tag them later)

Originally Posted by kHan View Post
www.google.com/reader/i/
Is that the mobile edition, but displayed on a desktop? That's kinda cool for just looking at a glance and stuff. Though, I've thought about just using the list view instead of full view, when I'm at my desk.

AFAIK the google reader needs Internet connection to mark things "read" so is any use for a subway? Subways here in Argentina have hotspots on every station, but without connection switching, no connection.

Originally Posted by SebaSOFT View Post
AFAIK the google reader needs Internet connection to mark things "read" so is any use for a subway?
Yeah, that would be a problem. But between EDGE, HSPA, and Wifi, I haven't had that problem.

And, I'm pretty sure that the web browser is ok if you change network connections between page loads, so it should be ok to disconnect and reconnect wifi as long as it's not actively trying to load more data.

Tags
claws, google reader, rss, sync