Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
I just wanted to say that I finally got the item file working for my clone boot. So that is not a problem anymore.

Hello,
I have a problem, i have install mer 0.9 on my n800 with installer(not on the SD), but for some reasons i want to re flash (re install) my n800 with diablo.
But how?
Can someone help me??
Sory for my english....

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
If you understand some english, here:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

Hey, I don't know what I did but, now my power button doesn't work at all in Mer. And I really need to fix the wireless connection. I don't why really it won't stay on. I did an apt-get update and then I was doing the upgrade part in about 10% of it my connection drop and I had to reboot. I know I am gonna have to reinstall but, I hate the idea.

Originally Posted by FRZ View Post
Hey, I don't know what I did but, now my power button doesn't work at all in Mer. And I really need to fix the wireless connection. I don't why really it won't stay on. I did an apt-get update and then I was doing the upgrade part in about 10% of it my connection drop and I had to reboot. I know I am gonna have to reinstall but, I hate the idea.
Mer-installer leaves the rootfs tar.gz untouched, so at least you don't need to download the rootfs again.

Merci meizirkki!
Thank you for your help!

The Following User Says Thank You to kHan For This Useful Post:
So I had to reinstall as I said before. The installation went fine but, I am having the same problem staying connected and gaining the connection again, most likely until I reboot.

when nm-applet fails to connect, this should help:

Code:
sudo ifconfig wlan0 down
sudo ifconfig wlan0 up

The Following User Says Thank You to meizirkki For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by meizirkki View Post
when nm-applet fails to connect, this should help:

Code:
sudo ifconfig wlan0 down
sudo ifconfig wlan0 up
Thanks. That worked. I am connected and doing an apt-get upgrade.

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Midwest, USA
If you get your internet connection working and don't mind taking letting the install go overnight, I would highly recommend following the directions to install e17 found here: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...58&postcount=1

The reasons are explained better in the how-to, but bascially, the basic 'apt-get install e17" lacks some of the features that really make e17 ideal for the NIT. It is, however, a decent way to test out the features quickly to see if you might be interested in doing the full-featured, longer install.

Tags
mer, mer release