Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by almaviva View Post
Thank you all for your thorough answers!

Short update: I opened a ticket, mentioned all the relevant posts in this forum and I got a rather quick "solution":
"Sorry for this limitation. It is not a bug but an unimplemented feature."
They refered me to this info:
https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a...are-supported-
Duh....
Never mind : seems that the community is planning a new kernel spin.
With some chance that guy will use the slightly newer kernel, same as Android and the card will work.

Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I beg to differ.

Compare:

Stumbling in darkness, opening lock screen, swiping left to reach events screen. Swipe down to reach the "shortcuts". Trying to hit with trembling finger the icon to activate flashlight.

To:

Stumbling in darkness, opening lock screen, pull down to reveal the application shortcuts and releasing finger on Torchlight application.
Stumbling in the darkness, double tap on the screen, that's it.

(Not everyone uses a dark-themed ambiance ;-D )

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Only some OS'es have the bloody abomination that is systemd, of which journalctl is part of.
...but to my knowledge, all known instance of Sailfish OS use systemd.
There's no Devuan-based Sailfish OS clone, as far as I know.

Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
but with the SD connected (no tape) the second sim gets disabled. Thus the problem seems to be in software...
Or a PCB traces problem ?

- e.g.: not enough power provided on the +V rail that is shared by the SD and SIM2 ?

(the solution would be to try to find a way to feed both electrically, or use some less power-hungry SD + SIM just to test if it works)

- e.g.: shared data lines between SIM and SD. If the chipset sees an SD card, it starts talking in "MMC" over the data lines and the SIM can't speak on the same bus ?

(In the later case, the solution would be even more complicated, like using a dual SIM adapter to connect both SIMs to slot 1, and have the slot2 only used by SD).

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
This next to the DRM keys that make sure original functionality can never be restored after re-flashing a once unlocked boot loader if you are not careful and make a backup of said keys etc...
For the record, FlashTool - the tools used to flash firmware version, that contains XperiFirm (so you can downgrade to Android 6.0.1 Mashmallow, or upgrade to the latest 34.3.A.0.228 or .38 Android 7.1.1 Mashmallow as required by Sailfish OS X), also contains backupTA.sh - which will be able to recover the DRM keys out of a downgraded Xperia.

Advanced -> Trim Area -> RAW -> backup

Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
Does ist make sense (is it possible) to lock the bootloader again after flashing to get rid of the annoying message at startup?
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Ì think its a ugly message but it should be obvious I think. since the phone is not secure if you are planning to sell it.

Flashing the above TA backup, and flashing a Sony firmware will re-lock the boot loader, remove the screen, re-enable DRM and basically put the phone back in condition as it was purchased.

This should make it sellable or sendable back to warranty.

Originally Posted by acrux View Post
So no post-processing technique (either free or proprietary) can bring out the details that are missing in the original (eg blurry) raw image.
Post processing cannot bring back data that is lost : yes.

BUT.

Post-processing can cheat a lot to make pictures *appearing* more sharp. ( which is more likely )

Post-processing can process the raw sensor data differently than how the RGB data is obtained (I don't know if Sony's official app uses RGB or Raw data).

And indeed as you mentioned : the Contrast detection autofocus implemented in the Sony official app could simply be better than the implementation used by Sailfish X / or in the camera driver / firmware (depending on how focus is implemented in Sailfish's camera app)

Originally Posted by jameson View Post
The one who invented the alternative SIM/SDcard slot should be fustigated.
I think Apple started the whole "Phone needs to be thin, and thus use weird contraption for their SIM" trend.

Common, if manufacturers didn't try to make phone so thin you could cut cheese with them, we could still have normally-sized SIMs and 3mm audio jacks, and all the current bells and whistles.

And it's stupid anyway, because nearly all users will stick the phone on a protective hard back-cover anyway (I think I'm one of the rare users that rely on a hard holster instead)

(And for the record, the only novelty in the "it's the excuse why the jack had to go" taptic engine is the linear motor.
High precision vibration control that can imitate diverse textures was already done in the Logitech iFeel series of mice, only their motor wasn't linear).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
My first question was 'does it work in android', as the conversation continued I assumed that was a yes.

Still will be interested to see if the sim gets 'seen', if not it's hardware - anyone willing take one apart and look for joined traces?
No, it doesn't work under Android, and it is by design :
https://support.sonymobile.com/globa...7f29f23007a61/

Hope it help ...

Envoyé de mon F5122 en utilisant Tapatalk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to colin.stephane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Oct 2017 @ country of yorkshire
I am at a complete loss, could someone point me in the right direction please. I have enabled oem, usb debugging, my bootloader can be unlocked and I am running 34.3.A.0.238, yet when I use EMMA it says phone locked. Where have I gone wrong please. Thank you
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rogger888 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
Originally Posted by rogger888 View Post
I am at a complete loss, could someone point me in the right direction please. I have enabled oem, usb debugging, my bootloader can be unlocked and I am running 34.3.A.0.238, yet when I use EMMA it says phone locked. Where have I gone wrong please. Thank you
You have to go to Sony developer site, and follow the instructions to unlock

Enviado desde mi Xperia X corriendo Sailfish OS

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
You haven't mentioned how you actioned inputting code requested from Sony:https://developer.sonymobile.com/unl...urboot-loader/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
dont use emma. use fastboot in the jolla files. make sure you have the driver from earlier step.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Oct 2017 @ country of yorkshire
Ok I misunderstood about unlocking the bootloader, this has to be unlocked via the sony website is that correct? and how much of ths android sdk do I need to download. Thank you

Originally Posted by almaviva View Post
They refered me to this info:
https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a...are-supported-
After reading this info :
- they totally failed to understand that the current kernel doesn't even detect the presence of an SD card.
It has nothing to do with the format of the partition, it doesn't even reach the point where the partition content matters.
This info isn't relevant (yet) to your case.

But, well, as said above : community members are trying to build a new kernel. If that solves your problem, it's something that will be much easier for Jolla to integrate into the next update of Sailfish X

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
how much of ths android sdk do I need to download.
Don't waste your time as advice on site out of date. You need to do a bit of searching on TMO, but will try and find it and amend post.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Ok I misunderstood about unlocking the bootloader, this has to be unlocked via the sony website is that correct?
Exactly. You have reached the point where the bootloader can be unlocked.
Now you need to actually unlock.
(Warning: actually unlocking it will fry the DRM keys. Have you backed these up before ? *)

On the website you need to register your e-mail (or a single use e-mail)
Then give the IMEI of your Xperia X
then it will give you the code to unlock the phone.

It will look something like 'fastboot oem unlock 0x<key>' where the key is a long hexadecimal string specific to your phone.

and how much of ths android sdk do I need to download.
Only the 'fastboot' executable.
If you've reached that point, you should normally already have it installed.
(There is a Windows copy packed inside Jolla's Sailfish X installer).

-----

* - the most user-friendly and cross-platform is to use http://www.flashtool.net/ :

- downgrade the firmware to Android 6.0.1 Mashmallow (34.0.A... firmwares)
- activate again developers mode, debug mode, untrusted sources
- menu File -> turn on "Advanced mode".
- menu Advanced -> TrimArea -> Raw -> Backup (this gives a .fta file)
- this gives you a "registeredDevices_<serialnumber>_rawta_<date>.fta" file, keep it preciously
- upgrade the firmware to Android 7.1.1 Nougat (34.3.A.0.228 or 238).
- now you can safely unlock your phone ("fastboot oem unlock 0x<key>")

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x