Notices

This app sounds great, im always worrying about forgetting my phone in the pub or something, sometimes people can be honest but would be nice to know for sure that u could tell that it was still in the pub or had been moved to another location.

Cant wait for this to get to extras!

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by rachol View Post
I don't want to take responsibility for someone cracking the password to your e-mail For know I have selected the best e-.mail provider in my country with the most often visited page( we have 40 million people ) should be fast enough even with 1000 e-mails sent at the same time. I am using more than 40 character password and is hardcoded in the code. I have implemented my own e-mail client, that is specifically adjusted to that certain e-mail provider. This e-mail account is created only for use of the application, I will never use it for any other purpose. I don't have any info of how many and what messages are being send.

One more thing. Implementing e-mail client supporting different kinds of protocol is fairly complicated. I prefer to keep it simple and working
Thank you for your time and answering my comments.
Please consider if you don't want to support other clients to support the ability of changing the email account and password on the same email provider.
That is, I create my own account in onet.eu and configure it in the application.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
I will consider writing a complete e-mail client with good password encryption, but that requires a lot of work, so most probably it will come one day in later versions. I just don't want to make anything that would create some kind of a security risk.

The security risk i am talking is for example native e-mail client on nokia,
if you let me hold your phone for 15 seconds I am able to check all the passwords for your e-mails and a lot of other stuff. Please don't ask me how, I will not show it, will not write it, will not say it

Briefly:
I will take it under consideration, but in later version of the software.

The Following User Says Thank You to rachol For This Useful Post:
Posts: 101 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Dallas TX
Rachol you are doing a great job, please keep it up

I havnet been able to test it my self but is it possible to get vital information in the email, like phone number and provider of the new sim card, that can always help to find the phone. I know sms will have the number but it is incase you do not activate sms.

also if he is only conecting to wlan to send the wifi name and ip, if you can get to the gps position and get near it you can ssh on the same network and or be easier to ping point it for example in a building with several floor (the stronger the signal the closer you get right) and if your savy enough - same network means getting into laptops, network drives etc. photos and documents are available making it easier to find the perpetrator.(unless he is also stealing the neiborgs wifi)
It seems like too much trouble to get your n900 back but i know id do it.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Are you planning to release the code and if yes under what license?

I don't have plans for releasing the code for now... After it gets all the functionalities, have proper doxygen comments and it is secure to show the code and I am sure no one can break it, then I will consider releasing the code

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rachol For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dr.Marcial View Post
Rachol you are doing a great job, please keep it up

I havnet been able to test it my self but is it possible to get vital information in the email, like phone number and provider of the new sim card, that can always help to find the phone. I know sms will have the number but it is incase you do not activate sms.

also if he is only conecting to wlan to send the wifi name and ip, if you can get to the gps position and get near it you can ssh on the same network and or be easier to ping point it for example in a building with several floor (the stronger the signal the closer you get right) and if your savy enough - same network means getting into laptops, network drives etc. photos and documents are available making it easier to find the perpetrator.(unless he is also stealing the neiborgs wifi)
It seems like too much trouble to get your n900 back but i know id do it.
Thanks.

I will include the ip address and sim number(imsi) by default to every e-mail.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rachol For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rachol View Post
I don't have plans for releasing the code for now... After it gets all the functionalities, have proper doxygen comments and it is secure to show the code and I am sure no one can break it, then I will consider releasing the code
Thanks a lot,

I've uninstalled it and seems to have been clean and ok.

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Hyderabad, India
Awesome app. Thanks waiting for the next version

Originally Posted by avinashsonee View Post
Awesome app. Thanks waiting for the next version
As I have mentioned before, it should be there before tomorrow morning I will let you all know about this in this thread.

I will also edit the first post, when the update comes.