Active Topics

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
skvark, just out of curiosity; what you used to interface application to I2C ?

root-powers-daemon and dbus or something more elegant?
Nothing fancy, just kernel i2c-dev headers. Had to test that I get the blinkm's working. More elegant stuff later.

https://github.com/skvark/ChameleonHalf

Some initial code. I'll add the sensor stuff and more BlinkM methods when I have more time.

The Following User Says Thank You to skvark For This Useful Post:
Color reading is now implemented to the sensor driver. I'm not sure if the onboard LED at the Flora sensor board can be turned completely off.

I'm using currently 700 ms integration time because shorter ones don't give reliable results (impacts to resolution and sensitivity). I'll do next some testing and code the automatic color change for the leds using the sensor values.

Edit: Some kind of polling is now too implemented. I'll make a short demo video at some point to show how well (or badly) the sensor performs

Last edited by skvark; 2014-04-09 at 19:21.

Note that the colors in the video are not the same as in real world. The sensor is polled about every 700 ms and RGB leds fade to the detected color. Additionally the color box in the UI is updated also to the detected color.

Sensor detects well green, blue, yellow and white colors (which were tested in the video too). It has some problems detecting different reds/orange.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skvark For This Useful Post: