Notices

Hi Man great app,,,,,,,,,,,,
was wondering if there's any way to take continuous shooting?????
I've got Canon EOS 7d and the app works on it.
looked everywhere, and couldn't figure out if the camera can even do such a thing with any remote (original).........
other then that maybe adding a half press button for focusing only can be grate....
Thanks a lot
Ira

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
I have already think to add continuously shooting as a opinion in timed mode. I'm not sure about time table for it yet, but probably in next big release it is in there(0.8.0).

About focus button, I don't know is that possible at all, but currently I can't add it. Because there is no IR signal for that possibility in any of configure files for remotes I use (they are only ones). Still, I have some small memory bites (about the time I worked around with remotes as searching info), that in some of those remotes had that half-press function to focus, but it isn't in the configs I had, and because I don't own real remote (reason why I started to work with pyKake at the begining), I can't do configs by myself. And anyways, if there is possibility for this tomorrow, it may still wait till the 1.0 is out.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Groningen, Netherlands
Works great with a 5D Mark II here!! Time-lapsy goodness!

Is crashing for me the last version and pr1.3, to reproduce:
* Set in bulb mode.
* Add time
* bulb on
* when time reaches 0 it crashes.

Also crashes with timed mode.

I ran it in a console and it segfaults. with the above.

I will file a proper bug once I know what produces the bug, maybe run a strace.

The Following User Says Thank You to pcekper For This Useful Post:
I confirm the bug.

(I think) it is caused by the player class in code to play the sounds. I will release bugfix as soon as possible.

Great App, will any more cameras be supported in the future? (I currently have a Fujifilm Finepix).

Originally Posted by Ginge52 View Post
Great App, will any more cameras be supported in the future? (I currently have a Fujifilm Finepix).
Any cameras will be supported, if there is a Lirc config file for its remote, so if you have remote for that camera, Linux and want to help, take a look at here and create a config for the remote, or if you find out that your camera is compitable with remote from other manufacturer (like Pentax and Samsung), tell that to me, so I can add it in as an offical.

Ok, bug is fixed. The cause of it was just combination of small changes and bad testing (I forgot that I had changed the name of one function and the result was call for nonexistent function and crash caused by QThread).

The Following User Says Thank You to Yabba For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Congratulations for you'r app. It's indeed extremely helpfull when taking time lapses or self portraits.

Is there any possiblity to add a control mode via usb, now that we have usb HostMode? I'm asking this because there are cameras that don't have the IR receiver, but can be controled through usb via pc.

Just asking and thanks again for this awesome app

Hi Yabba,

Thanks for the great app. I am using Sony alpha camera, and I found on another forum people using Minolta RC3 file for Sony alpha 350. Could you possible include it and I can test it on my alpha 330?

Thanks,
Misu