Notices

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
It was about time that someone uses the front camera for something - thanks a lot!

Just a few things:
- The window title is "gst-launch-0.10", maybe set it to "Mirror"
- When put into the background it is still using a lot of cpu power. I think it should stop processing/displaying the image.
- Same is when put into the dash board. On the outer left and right boarder of the screen there are artefacts. I think the best would be to stop everything if not the top most application.

I think the power saving in background thing is important to get it into extras.

Last thing a wish: How about putting it into fullscreen when tapping somewhere inside the window and leaving fullscreen wenn tapping again. Just like the image viewer.

Oh an another one (really the one): I have the feeling that the image is stretched or my head is very round

Thanks for the good work!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Castello d'Argile (BO)
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
It's currently in Fremantle extras-testing, try it out, vote up if you find no problems so it could get into extras (and thus general users). I'll hack together a Diablo version for N8x0 users, too.
I installed it without problems but all I got was the spinning wheel of the application being started; after a few seconds it went back to the application manager. Tried a few times, then the application manager started acting funny (it was showing base and extra icons on top of each other) and I had to reboot.

The Following User Says Thank You to aboaboit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Does this actually need porting to diablo for N8x0s?

We have the camera application already On the N810, the camera faces the user anyway, and on the N800 we can rotate the camera as well. Only good thing about the camera resolution is that it is so poor that any spots, pimples etc probably won't be picked up!

Mind you whenever I've tried the camera application, it has been monumentally slow, resource hungry etc etc, and has been completely unusable.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by conny View Post
- The window title is "gst-launch-0.10", maybe set it to "Mirror"
Right

- When put into the background it is still using a lot of cpu power. I think it should stop processing/displaying the image.
- Same is when put into the dash board.
Noted.

On the outer left and right boarder of the screen there are artefacts. I think the best would be to stop everything if not the top most application.
I noticed this myself. This is definitely not my doing, it's either the cam readout process (=electronics) or something deep inside (=kernel level) as direct v4l2 readout also results in some artifacts.

Last thing a wish: How about putting it into fullscreen when tapping somewhere inside the window and leaving fullscreen wenn tapping again. Just like the image viewer.
Noted.

Oh an another one (really the one): I have the feeling that the image is stretched or my head is very round
Yes, turns out the cam is not the same aspect ratio as the screen - again, noted

Last edited by attila77; 2009-10-19 at 14:27.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aboaboit View Post
I installed it without problems but all I got was the spinning wheel of the application being started; after a few seconds it went back to the application manager. Tried a few times, then the application manager started acting funny (it was showing base and extra icons on top of each other) and I had to reboot.
Hm. Try opening a console and starting manually (just type 'mirror') - does it give an error or something there ?

Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
Does this actually need porting to diablo for N8x0s?

We have the camera application already On the N810, the camera faces the user anyway, and on the N800 we can rotate the camera as well. Only good thing about the camera resolution is that it is so poor that any spots, pimples etc probably won't be picked up!
It does need a port... First, the device names have been swapped - the user-cam is /dev/video0 on N810 and /dev/video1 on the N900. Second, the N810 camera app is not a mirror Third, on the N800/N810 you probably want to go for 320x240 (instead of the current/max 640x480) as it gets choppy (esp in low-light conditions).

Last edited by attila77; 2009-10-19 at 15:08.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
So what this does is horizontal flip?

That is one of the effects of Cheese.

Has anyone tried to port it?

I see making a video of this in action is inevitable Yes, it's a horizontal flip, the point being in simplicity - you don't need to take a picture or start/apply anything extra. You start the app, you get a mirror, as easy as that.

Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
cannot install the gstreamer0.10-plugins-good package

go look at http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...0-0maemo8+0m5/
Hm... I didn't do anything and the missing dependencies disappeared. There is some voodoo going on there... is it ok for you now ?

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Hm... I didn't do anything and the missing dependencies disappeared. There is some voodoo going on there... is it ok for you now ?
Niels fixed it, so no voodo Didn't you get the email on the devel list?

Oops, this was a configuration mistake on my part. I didn't setup the
links between the repositories for nokia-applications and device root
filesystem.

It should look a lot better for you now?

The Following User Says Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:

Tags
beauty, brush, i'm so pretty, is that a booger?, makeup, mirror, vanity