Notices

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Italia
Originally Posted by mrmoosehead View Post
Hmm. Bah humbug. Installed this yesterday, thought it was great.
But have an issue with the fm power.

When I cut the ignition in the car and then restart, the phone starts charging, and as we all know the fm power is reduced. I used to just kick off FM Boost to return the power level.
However, with this app installed, FM boost has stopped boosting the power.
Tried turning transmitter off and on again. No joy. The only way to get fm signal back again is to reboot the phone.

I've uninstalled fmrds and will try again on the way home to see if it's returned to normal.

Have also upgraded to pr1.3 this week, but I don't think that that was the issue.

Anyone else had this problem?
You should install the modified fmtxd; look for "Unlocked FM-Transmitter frequency 76.0Mhz->107.9Mhz (Limitation Fixed)" in the maemo talks for instructions.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Italia
Hello,

I have two questions:

1) when the PR1.3 has been released, I red somewhere that Nokia re-enabled the RDS during fm transmission (it had been disabled with PR1.2). Is that correct?

2) FM RDS Notify does send RDS signal only for a certain time. It is possible to make it sending the signal for all the duration of the song?
It is possible to make it working without having the widget on the desktop?

Thanks in advance

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
I made an "invisible" skin for the fmrdsnotify widget, so it can co-exist with for ex. the fm friendly widget.

just copy the invisible.svg to /home/user/.fmrdsnotify and apply the skin via the widgets options.

...the FM RDS Notify Widget is there ...right in the downer right corner.

//EDIT:
Am I in the wrong thread?
Im relating to http://maemo.org/packages/view/fmrdsnotify/
Attached Files
File Type: zip invisible-fmrdsnotify-skin.zip (604 Bytes, 66 views)

Last edited by NightShift79; 2012-06-29 at 17:03.

used this for a while now works great for track ids but never seen an sms on my radio.

does anyone know why this is or the procedure which triggers it to display an sms?

and yes i have selected the sms option in setting

thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to hycraig For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Does someone know where/how fmrdsnotify saves its settings? I have looked in gconf, and cannot find such settings. Basically I would like to see the values it saves for the 'timeout' setting, and also 'radio display size'

the source for fmrdsnotify is available, but for the life of me, i can't find the information I'm looking for

It's Qt application so search in /home/user/.config/

The Following User Says Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Thanks very much @elros34.
I had just found that out by using strace on the application Much appreciated.