Notices

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by joshv06 View Post
Is the conflict with bt-hid-scripts resolved?
No, I am still waiting qole to answer to my PM or to appear in some thread. I will give him several more days and if there is nothing from him I will decide whether to overwrite the files bt-hid-scrips provide (ulgy hack,but ...) or to automaticaly uninstall bt-hid-scripts an install replacement (if not better) functionality (working evdev driver for example).

got a lot of dependency errors with this after a Re-flash, and so did other people made threads about it too.
Could you be more specific and paste some logs. The only package extkbd depends on (excluding what is already in PR1.3) is xkb-data-extkbd, so I am little curious.

Last edited by freemangordon; 2010-11-16 at 15:48. Reason: typo

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
I will give him several more days and if there is nothing from him I will decide whether to overwrite the files bt-hid-scrips provide (ulgy hack,but ...) ...
Would it be possible (if it makes sense) for you two to come to some arrangement to merge the two packages?

Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
Would it be possible (if it makes sense) for you two to come to some arrangement to merge the two packages?
That was what initially I was trying to achieve by PM qole. But as days pass by it seems to me that it will not work. Still not a word from qole re what his opinion is on how to resolve incompaltibility between packages - I suspect that he is a busy man, but even in that case 5 days with no answer seems little long to me.

And what you actually miss from bt-hid-scripts? I think that keyboard support extkbd provides is far far better. And in regard to bluetooth mouse - believe me or not I was the first one who got it working. You can look at first thread I opened at TMO. So my next steps are:

1. Cleanup extkbd so it is completely bugfree and usefull
2. Make another package for external mouse support(including USB). I have fixed evdev driver to work as expected,no touch problems. Titan agreed to include my kernel patch for bluetooth.ko module in next kernel-power. And I know how to show/hide cursor on mouse connected/disconnected without need to manually run script.So I will just need few days to package things and make some nice GUI .

And please if i miss something feel free to correct me.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
[....] So my next steps are:

1. Cleanup extkbd so it is completely bugfree and usefull
2. Make another package for external mouse support(including USB). I have fixed evdev driver to work as expected,no touch problems. Titan agreed to include my kernel patch for bluetooth.ko module in next kernel-power. And I know how to show/hide cursor on mouse connected/disconnected without need to manually run script.So I will just need few days to package things and make some nice GUI .

And please if i miss something feel free to correct me.
With no touch problems you mean the problem with kinetic scrolling in the browser is solved?
If not, please keep the packages separate...other than that, good luck and thanks!

Edit: I tried it, and after I used the manual connect it worked!
The only problem I have is that the blue arrow key on the internal keyboard stops functioning...
After I open and save the standard 'text input' settings it works again, but then the external keyboard stops.

Last edited by maartenmk; 2010-11-17 at 21:03.

Originally Posted by maartenmk View Post
With no touch problems you mean the problem with kinetic scrolling in the browser is solved?
If not, please keep the packages separate...other than that, good luck and thanks!
Hm, I am not sure what is the problem with kinetic scrolling mentioned in several threads, as i never have used qole's (more precisely azerty1's) evdev driver, but the one patched by me. And as i dont see any problem to scroll in microb, I assume my version is ok. For sure i will keep packages for keyboard and mouse independent one to another.

Edit: I tried it, and after I used the manual connect it worked!
The only problem I have is that the blue arrow key on the internal keyboard stops functioning...
After I open and save the standard 'text input' settings it works again, but then the external keyboard stops.
Sorry for that, it is because of a bug I introduced in v 0.0.9. There is new version in repos which should have no bugs(hopefully ) and all functionality working.

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
It's not working here.

I recently reflashed, due to screwing up the system while trying to downgrade libc6, due to the calendar bug.

My keyboard is an Su-8w. So ok, I get the devices paired, and run extkbd. It doesn't recognize the keyboard, and the field "Keyboard" remains empty. Also, if I click the (re)connect HID devices, I get the following message:

Method "Connect with signature"" on interface "org.bluez.Input" doesn't exist

Any ideas on what's the problem, and how to fix it?

Did you enable input plugin in /etc/bluetooth/main.conf

No, I assumed the application enabled it by itself. I was actually going to edit my post and this bit of info, but you mentioned it before I did. :) Once I tried it, the application worked like a charm, albeit with one problem:

I couldn't get diacritics, upon which my language (portuguese) depends heavily upon, to work. Changing the language to Brazil wouldn't help. I didn't try Portugal, but I'm not sure it would work.

This is a known bug in maemo since Diablo, I think, though there's a workaround described in http://labs.danilocesar.com/blog/200...cents-on-n800/ , which I couldn't get to work on extkbd. It works on Fremantle, though, I was using it before trying extkbd.

Okay, one step closer. The external keyboard works now
(with the limitation that there is no key repeat, holding a key produces the alternative character like with the internal kb, and the modifier keys like shift and alt work like with the internal keyboard, too, not like on a regular pc where you hold down the key while typing).
However, when the correct layout for the external keyboard is active, the layout for the internal one is wrong (maybe US layout?). The only way I've found to fix that is to run

Code:
setxkbmap -model nokiarx51 -layout de | xkbcomp -i 3 $DISPLAY
This, however, ruins the layout for the internal keyboard, too - help?

Tags
bluetooth, keyboard