Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
I know only dev versions of the device are out but from what i see in the specs this time around we do not get a pouch...

So I'm starting this thread to see where people spot the various boxwave / invisibleshield / ... screen protectors.

Also, considering this is costing a lot, a good case would be an interesting thing to find / add to your pocket mix (One that doesn't hamper phone use this time around).

I wonder how a full body case would work with slide out keyboards..I would have to get one considering how scratched my n800's body is after accidentally drops.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Silicon Valley - USA now, UK originally
Can't say for sure as I've not found any cases, skins or covers specifically for the N900 yet, but the rubberized hard cases I saw for the N97 come in two pieces. I know the N900 is slide vs tilt and slide however, I'd imagine the same sort of thing will become available for the N900.

One piece goes around the edge of the screen with holes for buttons, ports, etc. The other covers the back and sides of the keyboard with holes for camera, ports, etc.

Google or ebay for "n97 rubberized hard case" for pictures.

I hope there's a case and screen protectors for the N900 soon. I'd like to pre-order them to arrive with the phone as I'm guaranteed to drop or scratch it if I don't have them!

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I hope for a PDAir or Proporta book-style case, which fully allows the extraction of the slide-out keyboard. My 810 stays in the PDAir case and I am fully content of it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 232 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago/D.C./Katowice
im sure nokia will put out something nice

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Houston

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Meh, I don't like the look of the Nokia pouches. I want something more like the one debernardis pointed to. Or something like what jow is talking about, protecting but not interfering.

You just know this thing is going to be sliding out of your shirt pocket or slipping off the table or whatever. You need to protect the precious baby.

A little pouch isn't going to do that.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
The pouch that comes with the G1 should fit well. G1 and N900 are almost the same size with the G1 being a little bit longer.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Houston
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Meh, I don't like the look of the Nokia pouches. I want something more like the one debernardis pointed to. Or something like what jow is talking about, protecting but not interfering.

You just know this thing is going to be sliding out of your shirt pocket or slipping off the table or whatever. You need to protect the precious baby.

A little pouch isn't going to do that.
oh definitely, i agree. i was just responding to ucomm. I actually like the 'artist series' idea for cases that Jon Rubinstein, Palm CEO, showed off for the Palm Pixi on the Engadget Show or something developed by Incase.

Last edited by legendemeritus; 2009-09-20 at 13:09. Reason: added information

The Following User Says Thank You to legendemeritus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Silicon Valley - USA now, UK originally
I'm with R-R. I want something for my pocket. So as little bulk as possible but full-body so it protects when it drops out of said pocket. So I hadn't thought to look for pouches or wallets, etc.

Anyway, will post a link as soon as I spot anything.

Tags
accessories, accessory, case, gear, holster, n900, pouch, protection, screen protector