Posts: 77 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Winchester, UK
Originally Posted by Dr_Zeee View Post
Do you really think that IBM (360,000 employees) will switch the internal WLAN protocoll from LEAP to another protocol just because you said so? Funny :-)
IBM also supports EAP-TLS so they don't need to move off the (insecure) LEAP because Nokia said so. They are already doing it. A number of IBMers have connected their N900's to the IBM corporate network using EAP-TLS... though some people (including me) are having a problem with that too:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7764

Originally Posted by jonquark View Post
IBM also supports EAP-TLS so they don't need to move off the (insecure) LEAP because Nokia said so. They are already doing it. A number of IBMers have connected their N900's to the IBM corporate network using EAP-TLS... though some people (including me) are having a problem with that too:
I think IBM has a lot of work location. Some may have EAP-TLS, others not. Good to hear iphone supports LEAP. Are they also support WEP-LEAP?

I certainly asked my CEO to change the LEAP since Nokia asked so, he said:" Will Nokia do this for us?"

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Powell, OH
Originally Posted by truelies1 View Post
I think IBM has a lot of work location. Some may have EAP-TLS, others not. Good to hear iphone supports LEAP. Are they also support WEP-LEAP?

I certainly asked my CEO to change the LEAP since Nokia asked so, he said:" Will Nokia do this for us?"
Over 14K work locations worldwide. More work locations than a lot of companies have employees.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Let's be honest: few people inside IBM are using EAP-TLS and a lot of companies outside IBM are using Leap. So we are not talking about a minor niche protocoll that is relevant for a few people. Nokia simply ignores the Leap protocoll since a number of years. Don't tell me Nokia knew years ago that Leap has security issues... How can you produce smartphones and not enable them with one of the most popular protocolls that company networks are using? The answer: ignorance - which is why the iPhone has ravaged: Apple seems to care about what users want to DO with their device (and Leap is just one example) while Nokia doesn't give damn. Why? Because they are the market leader so they don't have to listen to the customer - right? Ignorance is bliss. If they won't implement Leap with the next firmware update I'll sell my N900 and buy an iPhone. I am fed up with the N900 smartphone that can't connect to the WLAN at work. And I am also fed up with Nokia's arrogant attitude.

Originally Posted by jonquark View Post

I think I will also go to iphone. Then I know why Nokia was defeated by Apple.

Another request for anyone having EAP-TLS issues to vote for https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7764 -- I've now had a new certificate and am no longer to connect via maemo, although fedora is working just fine with my new certs.

There's something wrong in the certificate handling -- and I don't believe it's an expired certificate, but something else to do with validation

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by Dr_Zeee View Post
. If they won't implement Leap with the next firmware update I'll sell my N900 and buy an iPhone. I am fed up with the N900 smartphone that can't connect to the WLAN at work. And I am also fed up with Nokia's arrogant attitude.
When you bought the n900 did you not realize that it's an OPEN platform. If you want a feature go and build it! then share it with the community.
IBM has so much Linux experience, just have an IBM programmer quickly throw together a LEAP connectivity application and publish it to the n900 users within the company.

This is your freedom by using the Maemo (debian/gnu/linux) platform.

Stop complaining and start programming!

Originally Posted by truelies1 View Post
I think I will also go to iphone. Then I know why Nokia was defeated by Apple.
Indeed. I owned N900 for almost a year and it still completely frustrates me how Nokia just won't give a sh#t about usability. "implementing old deprecated stuff is low priority" my ***, who cares that customers need it.