Ever since SFOS 2.1.x.x there seems to have been a problem with the Bluetooth phone book access profile (pbap). All I get from the car is a "transfer failed" message upon connecting. However, that used to work like a charm back in the days of 2.0.5.6 - and nothing has changed about the car. Apart from the contacts, all the rest of the BT protocols seem to work just fine (calls, A2DP).

A post on TJC (link) seems to indicate that I'm not the only one facing this problem.

Have others experienced the same problem? And what about the config file that was mentioned in the TJC answer? Where is it? And how could/should I potentially tweak it?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
My apologies for the bump, but am I really the only person to use my SFOS phone in my car?

Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
Am I really the only person to use my SFOS phone in my car?
No, works with VW Discover Pro in my Golf, but with partner's Bosch Highline in Smart get "Phonebook profile not supported". However no issues using this Bosch unit with my old Nokia 808.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
No, works with VW Discover Pro in my Golf [...]
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. So your Volkswagen always pulls the lasted contacts from your phone? Can you initiate this manually?

This is the weirdest thing. When I first got Sailfish OS all the BT stuff in my car worked like a charm. Then, the phone was updated and ever since that moment the phone book profile (pbap) has stopped working (it's a Toyota). Why would it work for some? And why would this change with an update?

Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. So your Volkswagen always pulls the lasted contacts from your phone? Can you initiate this manually?
Have to get back to you on this as sometimes weeks go by without adding new contacts and still running 3.0.2.8 upon Xperia X Compact.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:

Tags
bluetooth, pbap profile, sailfishos 3.0