So I noticed, after a full reflash with the latest PR, that the app trackerd and tracker-indexer always run at startup or when I reboot the phone, causing a major drain on my battery, and affecting my overall performance, for at least 10 minutes. I did a little digging, trying to find out why, and I ran into these 3 threads, pertaning its behavior.

For the most part, people agree that Tracker is annoying and a good way to stop it is editing tracker.cfg (located in /home/user/.config/tracker/tracker.cfg) to make it stop scanning directories for new content, but I'm not too happy with that idea.

Some folks suggested Tracker should start when the Media Player is running, which makes a lot more sense, but no one followed up on that idea.

Here's a look at my Conky, 15 minutes after starting up my phone.

See all that red in the left hand side of the screen, below my kernel info? That was all trackerd, eating up easily at least 5-7% of battery.

Also, check out my uptime in the top right, it's been precisely 15 minutes since I started the phone (nevermind the wrong date, lol). Also, I haven't found any recent reports of this issue, so I might be the only one experiencing this problem, that's why I wanted to bring it up and hopefully get some assistance on this matter.

My question is - would it be possible to summon trackerd only when starting up the Media Player, and disabling completely it at startup?

Thanks in advance, folks!