Active Topics

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sha Tin, Hong Kong
'Luxury Brown'. lols.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Can't see why a need a design like that. Why do we need a design like that?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Gradual innovation my friend

I'm flattered

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Bavaria
5,7" .... "phone"...i lol'd

its a f***** brick, not a phone...you can easily kill someone with that piece of crap

still think, that this "phones" look so stupid while calling.
oh i know the next revolutionary thing they could come up with: a "cool-looking-hipster-headstrap": for people with phones ~6" who cant hold that thing for some min...yeah, imagine that, you will look so cool...walking around with a headstrap while you phone somebody. at least you'll have two hands free =)

i know its off-topic, but so this piece of junk is.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to v0id For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@v0id,

I absolutely agree. I also prefer a phone that fits comfortably in the hand. But, to each his own. I guess that for some people, it's a single piece of equipment that replaces at least four: a phone, a PDA, a camera and a desktop computer, and those people are willing to sacrifice some comfort for convenience of another kind.

The next step will be a 7" phone. No one will be able to hold that to their face so it will come with a handle at the back that will make it look like an iron. The handle will also double as a kick stand. Heck, perhaps I should patent that idea, sell it to Samsung and make a lot of dosh!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Bavaria
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
it's a single piece of equipment that replaces at least four: a phone, a PDA, a camera and a desktop computer, and those people are willing to sacrifice some comfort for convenience of another kind.
that's a good point, but at least they could stop call it a "phone"...they should think about an alternative name for this kind of device.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
The next step will be a 7" phone. No one will be able to hold that to their face so it will come with a handle at the back that will make it look like an iron. The handle will also double as a kick stand. Heck, perhaps I should patent that idea, sell it to Samsung and make a lot of dosh!
i like that.

TMO - always steps ahead

This device has been getting surprisingly a lot of hate around the web. I think its amazing. First phone with a proper curved display and for a Samsung the device looks nice.
I would get it, if it was available here.

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
I wonder if flexible display will translate into flexible/moving devices.
That's the target, but there is still a lot that needs to happen in graphene. Proof of concept is already there, but it's still a long way till mass manufacturing will start.
Nokia is Europes largest on graphene studies and Samsung is even larger globally.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Can't see why a need a design like that. Why do we need a design like that?
We don't need a design like that, but we might want a design like that
It's too big for me to be useful as an everyday phone, but I like the design and you can't complain about the specs. Looks premier, solid and curved like a sportscar
I'm going for Jolla either way...

Posts: 673 | Thanked: 230 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Mumbai
nothing can beat n9's curved display
ROUND!!! lol

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
So it hugs your leg in your pocket? I just don't get it.
The curved glass on the N9 et al was just the glass on top of a flat display. What does curving the display do to viewing, say, a movie? Would their be viewing angle distortion? Just strange...