Notices

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Well, I cannot comment much. Just that it seems to run and I was able to play super mario on it. processor wise, iphone and the omap3 are about on par with each other afaik (but I really don't know for a fact, please someone correct me if needed).

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Could you tell us something? Would the iPhone/iTouch be a better SNES emulator than the next maemo device? :P
I can tell you that much. As far as SNES goes, I think n8x0 should be sufficient, but just barely.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Originally Posted by konttori View Post
Well, I cannot comment much. Just that it seems to run and I was able to play super mario on it. processor wise, iphone and the omap3 are about on par with each other afaik (but I really don't know for a fact, please someone correct me if needed).
Omap3 is a lot better than iPhone. Omap3 vs iPhone 2, however....

Anyway, both pysnes and snes9x are hacks. The worst part is the stupid keyboard config, it makes it so hard to play. I just recently beat Earth Bound with no sound and a cramped control. Off to play Kirby on iNes...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Now that we have a debmaster...
(Although I'd prefer a debslave :-)

Oh, guys, it would be really brilliant, if you'd manage to make a good snes emulator. I wanna play some Chrono Trigger on a tablet! Will be waiting for some progress.

Ya I recently tried to play CT... no go. Well at least metal warriors works! So does this mean that people that are in the know are going to make this happen? I sure hope so!

I was playing final fantasy 6 (US 3) last night on my Palm T3 using Little John Emulator and the game runs perfect. I was thinking to myself, why can't my N810 do what my older T3 can so well? They both have 400mhz cpus. I know Palm T3 has an Xscale and the N810 an Omap. Not sure that is the difference or not. I would love to have LJP on N810. One can wish....

Originally Posted by jackburton View Post
I would love to have LJP on N810. One can wish....
I agree. LJP rocks as an all-around great emulator.

so ? anyone ? i will be more than happy to see a good snes emulator for N8x0.

what about raising some funds to motivate a coder ?

I wonder if the work being done on the cross platform LJX would be a good candidate for Maemo
http://little-john.net/wiki/index.php?title=LJX