Notices

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
a few days are gone...
whats up with the new version?
thanks!

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
doble-post...
but..
any updates?
can i help you?
thanks!

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Sorry, things stalled a bit. There are a couple of issues, but one big hurdle has been overcome (thanks to mikkov getting libboost into extras-devel).

What issues are remaining: wesnoth requires libsdl-mixer to be built with ogg support, which the standard maemo build is not. Diablo and Chinook store their dejavu font in different locations. Testing.

I am not sure what I can do about the first problem, but I am going to look into it today.

Originally Posted by fiferboy View Post
What issues are remaining: wesnoth requires libsdl-mixer to be built with ogg support, which the standard maemo build is not. Diablo and Chinook store their dejavu font in different locations. Testing.
Have checked libsdl-mixeroggwav1.2-dev from extras-devel? For wormux it worked at least partially, sounds were working in scratchbox, but on real device sound was corrupted.

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
mikkov: Glen Ditchfield put that together for the previous Wesnoth release. I will talk to him about it again (we had bigger problems last we spoke). For now I am compiling without music to make some progress in compiling. Also, music takes a huge amount of space for Wesnoth so I'm not sure how much value most people would get if it were there.

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
I like music there. Since many people boot the system from sd got plenty of space...

I made a small chroot appliance to play this like a rom when i ran into the font and music issue which led me here.

(Update : I fixed all issues below, and updated link to point to new ext2 file)
I was able to fix the fonts but not the music, so i have a 112meg wesnoth ext2 appliance which has all expansions installed and fonts working but no music. Still its nice to be able to keep this game on hand.

I tried looking into installing the libsdl-mixeroggwav1.2-dev manually but i am unsure how these .a libs get linked to wesnoth because it was not detecting them... does wesnoth have to be compiled to link them in at compile time?

Anyways if someone can come up with a solution (even an ugly solution since this is independent filesystem), let me know and i'll add music back in.

Your /home/user directory is symlinked to main filesystem so saves should be kept on internal fs.

If you want to try it out just download isomount 1.0.3 and dbus-switchboard 1.2.7 and the wesnoth ext2 appliance, extract the ext2 appliance and click on it from file manager. If nothing happens, a reboot might be necessary for isomount or dbus-switchboard.

Last edited by pipeline; 2009-01-05 at 00:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to pipeline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by pipeline View Post
Anyways if someone can come up with a solution (even an ugly solution since this is independent filesystem), let me know and i'll add music back in.
You did say ugly but I can't call this an solution because I don't know if it works...

Here's libsdlmixer with ogg support:
http://qwerty12.maemobox.org/sdl/

If you're lucky, you can extract the lib from the deb and use LD_LIBRARY_PATH to make it load that libsdlmixer first rather than the system one without ogg first.

If not, well, at least you can recompile wesnoth against the libsdlmixer with ogg..

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Thanks qwerty, that seems to work great

I rebuilt the ext2 image with music and your sdlmixer and i now have wesnoth+expansions+music.

You can grab the wesnoth-complete tar.gz'ipped ext2 image here :
http://wardenclyffetower.com/MaemoFi...eg.ext2.tar.gz (80meg download)

This ext2 appliance requires isomount and dbus-switchboard (see two posts up).

If you downloaded the old image, i would recommend rebooting before deleting it to make sure disk space is freed up.

which version of the game is this?