Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by maldicion02 View Post
Hi Scorpius!
There is a way to use Yappari without SIM? The SIM Slot of my N900 has failed and I try to use Yappari only with Wifi.

Grettings!
Try it, it should work. If it says that the SIM card is not present or has been changed just click on Ignore or something.

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Try it, it should work. If it says that the SIM card is not present or has been changed just click on Ignore or something.
Thank you! It work

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Brescia, Italy
I have a suggestion/idea: can you add an 'invisible mode' option? So we can enter yappari, read new incoming messages but the 'last seen at' log won't be sent, so other users will notice that our phone is off when we're chatting

Nokia N810 16 GB
CSSU Stable
Diablo Turbo

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
I would actually think your patch consumes even more battery:

1.- Instead of waiting for the I/O system to announce to the application there are bytes pending for reading in the network device, you're polling the network device every second with a timer.

2.- You're polling even when you're not connected. That's why you had to verify if socket is valid (and you used NULL in a C++ program like it were a C program). There's no way to call read() with an invalid socket object since the object had to trigger a signal and to do that it *has* to be valid.

So I'm not sure about this patch.
1- The timer was introduced to process the connection in a separate thread (so the GUI doesn't freeze in case of a bad connection), it was the simplest solution I found at the time, without major rewriting of the code

2- When there is a connection problem or the socket is disconnected, the variable socket is assigned to NULL, so the timer does nothing until a new connection is open.
I can't remember exactly, but in some cases when there was a bad internet connection, the program stuck in a loop, generating the 100% cpu usage, that's why I cheked the socket. The changes in bintreenodereader.cpp where also important.

I been running yappari for months with this patch and the were no more 100% cpu usage, and the battery life is good for me, I haven't notice more battery usage because of this. Anyway I did this patch for me (I couldn't use yappari in the previous state), hope it helps you to find the problem and implement a better solution. Anyway I can help let me know.

The Following User Says Thank You to NerdKnight For This Useful Post:
Posts: 113 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by rusuck View Post
@ scorpius / nerdknight

can you make a fix/patch with the 2 points

- Message notifications with group name instead of sender name
- Added UTF-8 codes for some emoji with softbank encoding.

but wihtout the "Anti-battery drain patch".

Thanks in advance
You could try my patch, I've been using it for months and it works well for me, I haven't notice any battery problems because of this, and if you don't like it you could always return to the original version.

Ok I will try your version...but if I have a problem i have to delete and reinstall. after that i won't have a profile picture anymore (because of the problems mentioned some pages ago)
Can you, or scorpius fix the profile picture problem?
Thanks

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
You don't need to that. Just rename original binary file and put the patched one in same place.
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
what is the path of the ".bin?" ?

I have inserted a new sim and have registered a new account. How can I remove old contacts from yappari. All these contacts are still there under 'create chats' option.

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Originally Posted by cr.shaggy View Post
I have inserted a new sim and have registered a new account. How can I remove old contacts from yappari. All these contacts are still there under 'create chats' option.
Quickest is delete /home/user/.yappari/roster.db.
Of course if these contacts exist in your phone book, your next sync will 'restore' them..

The Following User Says Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp