Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
is blessn900 really better than stock camera application ? or low-light is ?
Give it a try in different scenarios.

I ended up to sticking to stock camera app, I find the photos are better looking in normal circumstances.

I keep blessn900 and fcam for extreme dark or high bg light shots.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
all of a sudden, BlessN900 is creating red and green pixels in the photos I`m taking....they are not that big but if you zoom in you can see them all over the place.Why is that?

Originally Posted by sm8ps View Post
However, with the most recent version I suspect the option "side-by-side with standard image in HQ mode" to be faulty. Activating this setting gives me three pictures overlayed. A big one (presumably the HQ version) overlayed by two quarter sized ones covering the upper and lower left quarter (presumably two different exposures). However, they do not show the full picture either but only the center part.

This cannot be expected outcome or else there should be a better explanation of this feature. I had expected a true "side-by-side" without overlay. The way it works at present actually ruined some pictures I had taken when documenting some procedure because not the full picture is visible since it is overlayed by some other partial pictures as explained above.
This feature is not intended to provide all pictures in full size (lest we should make an image of three full-size photos - standard blurry, standard sharp but noisy and blessn sharp low noise). We found that the way BlessN900 does comparison shots works well for demonstrations.
Anyway, if you wish to take full comparison photos, you can take an image with standard camera, then with BlessN900.

Originally Posted by mele View Post
So is it possible to have grid or/and maybe some sort of crosshair/finder to the bless N900. Does having one make any sense?
We will consider adding one in future versions.

Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
all of a sudden, BlessN900 is creating red and green pixels in the photos I`m taking....they are not that big but if you zoom in you can see them all over the place.Why is that?
These are hot pixels on your sensor. BlessN900 leaves hot pixel values as they are. Standard processing in OMAP ISP detects such pixels and substitutes their values with the values from neighbor pixels. We will add similar functionality in future.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eugene.panich For This Useful Post:
I kindly ask for a little help - if you think that BlessN900 worth to be in Extras - please vote for it at http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...essn900/0.43-1
The package should have karma>=10 and be tested by >=3 testers to be promoted to Extras.
Thanks.

Last edited by eugene.panich; 2010-11-29 at 10:32.

Okay, now we're halfway there

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Thanks all, 0.43 is in Extras

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Costa Rica
i thought for a moment it was a new update

hello!
i was wondering if there's any way to adjust manually the ISO speed while in HQ and in HDR mode?

thanks

Tags
camera, nokia n900