Active Topics

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Seriously though, I do wonder about 800x480 on a 7" screen. I have a feeling the visual 'performance' will be like the iPhone: it's 'just right' to display readable text, but you can't eyeball the screen for additional information (outside of good ergonomic envelope) like you can on the N900.
It'll be just like the 800x480 7" screen in my old EeePC 701, and you pretty much nailed it. Not for me...

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Oh look! They made the wireless service (3G) *OPTIONAL*. And some people around these forums said it would make it all bulky and un-doable. How wonderful that SOMEONE figured it out.

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Not if the user experience sucks :P

Before you can kill the iPad you'll need to get all of the usability and infrastructure in place. That said, slick hardware. I wonder if they'll be anywhere near as open as Nokia with the software.
Nokia has soured my opinion of openness as a benefit I can trust to be delivered on something that isn't already fully open the day I buy it. If this comes with Android, I can't have any expectation of openness. Nokia's taught me to be reeeeally cynical.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
sadly, thats corporate "nature" as far as i can tell. The whole economic system seems to revolve around finding something to separate the corporate product from any other, and then build thick walls against both customers leaving and competitors producing similar products. All in all, corporations are in some ways "communist".

Originally Posted by tso View Post
sadly, thats corporate "nature" as far as i can tell. The whole economic system seems to revolve around finding something to separate the corporate product from any other, and then build thick walls against both customers leaving and competitors producing similar products. All in all, corporations are in some ways "communist".
This is some new meaning of the word communist that I wasn't aware of. I think what you meant to say was that corporations are in some ways "feudalistic" with subservient customers that they try to lock into their piece of the kingdom.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
This is some new meaning of the word communist that I wasn't aware of. I think what you meant to say was that corporations are in some ways "feudalistic" with subservient customers that they try to lock into their piece of the kingdom.
"communist" in the way it would appear the US free-market lobbyists use it.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Heh, being 'completely open' in the ultra competitive mobile market is unimaginable. It's like playing chess while you keep telling your opponent 5-6 of your next steps which you can't change your mind on.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!