Active Topics

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Okay, go ahead and get your hopes up, but go to sleep and we'll wake you when there's news.
AHAAA!

You mean TOMORROW, doncha??

dcarter

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ South Bend, Indiana
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Okay, go ahead and get your hopes up, but go to sleep and we'll wake you when there's news.
Sounds good. Don't worry about waking me though, I have a 7 mo. old who is both teething and coughing due to a cold so I only vaguely remember that "sleeping" thing you are referring to anyway.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by spartanNTX View Post
Sounds good. Don't worry about waking me though, I have a 7 mo. old who is both teething and coughing due to a cold so I only vaguely remember that "sleeping" thing you are referring to anyway.
It's overrated.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
life in general is overrated...

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by tso View Post
life in general is overrated...
...and still beats the alternative.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
as that old bulldog said about democracy. its the worst there is, except everything else that has been tried before it...

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
I'm all for kinetic scrolling if it helps bring some UI consistency to Maemo, woohoo :-)

For those who don't think it'll be useful, let's all hold out judgement until we use it? The quality of experience varies greatly in the implementation: it could be a rubbish implementation, or an excellent one (I put MediaBox's clever switch of the active area to a smaller portion of the item in the latter camp).

Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
I'm all for kinetic scrolling if it helps bring some UI consistency to Maemo, woohoo :-)

For those who don't think it'll be useful, let's all hold out judgement until we use it? The quality of experience varies greatly in the implementation: it could be a rubbish implementation, or an excellent one (I put MediaBox's clever switch of the active area to a smaller portion of the item in the latter camp).
Hmmm... Sounds nice; now I have to go get mediabox just to play with it. (Even though I'm happy with my media-playing setup).

And I've no great objection to kinetic scrolling per se, either. But in the browser, some level of motion is required to initiate a drag right now, because the whole page is a click-interaction area, and it has to be quick, to avoid a long-tap. This seems to make a good inertial-scroll hard; it'll be easy to send a page flying, but to give it a little half-page nudge may be hard... guess we'll see what they've got implemented when it gets here. (Or when someone gets excited enough to build from CVS and post it where I can get it...)

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post

I've used kinetic scrolling before. Regardless of the implementation, it sucks. This better be an option I can turn off because that's seriously a showstopper in my eyes.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Victoria, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
I've used kinetic scrolling before. Regardless of the implementation, it sucks. This better be an option I can turn off because that's seriously a showstopper in my eyes.
you've gotta be kidding. sure it sucks if you have to scroll a long way or if the application can't redraw fast enough to make it smooth, but saying it sucks regardless is a bit much. have you tried it in quiver?