Ok this is my problem: yesterday I received my N900 Invisible Shield from Zagg.com, and I applied it on my phone following all the instructions properly. I had to remove it and re-apply because of some dust entered between the screen and the protector, but after this second application all seemed to be fine. I waited for 24h and today I've turned on my phone. You can imagine my face after realizing that water has entered in my screen, and there's a sort of great halo surrounding all my screen. That is visible just with the screen on, when it's off the screen seems perfect, that's why I believe that there are no air bubbles under the film, it's just water under the screen...
The phone works perfectly, but I'm a bit afraid of using it with water inside the screen, so I've removed the battery and let it on the table.
What do you think about that? What should I do now? Have you ever experienced this? How can I properly dry the screen?

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Place the phone in a can of rice, it will drain all the water out. Seriously .

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to warpstalker For This Useful Post:
is the 'halo' still present when you remove the screen protector?
there is a movie posted of the n900 resilience against water, it was quite impressive.
http://www.tehkseven.net/news/nokia-...00-water-test/

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
I believe the moist is just under the shield. I once installed this "zagg" shield to my n95 and i got also this white "haze/moist", it should dry out in couple days. I can be wrong though
I personally think these invisible shields are RUBBISH and dont recommend them to anyone, they are difficult to apply and water is always bad to your phone (exept sonim). I would recommend to you though to order from ebay some screen protectors, they cost allmost nothing and are wery easy to install (with no water). I just ordered a while ago six of them and cost about 8 USD!!! perfect fit!!

The Following User Says Thank You to teemui For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Chicago, US
Originally Posted by warpstalker View Post
Place the phone in a can of rice, it will drain all the water out. Seriously .
That's a good tip. just make sure you use dry, uncooked rice, not leftover fried rice from the Chinese place.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pinsh For This Useful Post:
@warpstalker: has anyone ever tried this? Sounds pretty weird, but if you say it works, I'll give it a try. How long does it takes for the water to be drained out in the rice?

@RDJEHV: I'm a bit afraid of removing the screen protector, because it would mean re-using some water, and actually water SCARES ME a lot . In your opinion, should I remove the film? I've already seen that video, don't know how my N900 has managed to fill itself...

@teemui: did your haze look like this? Sorry for the ugly photo I'm actually unable to get a better photo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46097117@N05/4287359943/

@pinsh: Damn, already used the chinese one...

Last edited by torpedo48; 2010-01-19 at 14:09.

rice absorbs moisture like salt does.

Those nice little rattling packs you get packed with your IT stuff - is a silicone gel that has same properties - but is a lot more efficient. So if you have a few of those around they might help as well.

Pack the phone in a few tissues - and submerge in a rice pack. That should take most moisture out.

The Following User Says Thank You to kaz911 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kaz911 View Post
rice absorbs moisture like salt does.
^^^ This, but I usually put "rice" inside my "salt" shakers, to keep the salt dry, and prevent "clumping".

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warren, MI, USA
Those things are crap. I bought a Zagg for my wife's Droid, and I had a hell of a time putting it on...not to mention there's freaking water all over the place with doing one of these installs. Water under the film, water on top of the film, water all over the screen. Then they say that even after you get all the major bubbles out, the minor ones and other water under the screen will just dry up and disappear after 24 hours. Bull, I still have odd marks under the screen. Not to mention, it's more of a rubbery surface now on the Droid one. So moving your finger across the screen is met with some resistance now. It's junk. Don't buy one is my opinion. Stay away from Zagg's.

I picked up the 3M - Vikuiti DQC-160 protector for my N900. NO WATER NECESSARY when doing the install, but you have to be extra careful about touching it on the sticky side and not have any lint around. Takes some patience to apply it and press it down, but it is WAY BETTER than the Zagg one in my opinion. And, it's a slick smooth surface that your finger glides across. Not rubbery!

Just putted my N900 in a lot of rice, hope it works. It makes me laughing everytime I think that inside that rice there's a €600 phone...

Thanks to everyone, we'll see tomorrow.

The Following User Says Thank You to torpedo48 For This Useful Post: