Notices

Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Re mapbox styles: offline styles are determined in OSM Scout Server and can be tuned as we please. Its just easier to learn using Mapbox environment. After learning, we can proceed and look what has to be adjusted in the server styles to make it possible. But I would prefer somebody who is interested in improving the styles to step up and make an effort to learn and compose them.

TTS: In general, I think its not Pure Maps responsibility to somehow mingle a correct sentences or words. TTS should be smart enough to speak properly. I will look into hooking some advanced TTS, but would be great is someone would look through available options.

https://responsivevoice.org/api/ seems to be for JavaScript. We are looking for an API where you would give a text, language and would receive MP3 or similar as a response.
I am quite happy with the tts. It is offline and does not need to many ressources. And I - of course - can live with glitches like the full stop prob.
For me this is low priority.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by crun View Post
First - Thanks for making this! Second, I understand that your priorities and time are your own.

By PR, do you mean feature requests?
'PR' is short for 'Pull Request'. When someone in the greater community -- rather than a project owner/member -- makes a fork of the project and fixes a code problem/adds a feature/etc. then requests that the project owner pull his/her changes into the main project. As opposed to someone with write access to the repo who can push changes from one branch into another.

So ringus is inviting the community to propose code changes that would improve the project.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by cy8aer View Post
I am quite happy with the tts. It is offline and does not need to many ressources. And I - of course - can live with glitches like the full stop prob.
For me this is low priority.
Its not high priority at this time for me either.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
I have a selfish feature suggestion. Still playing with improvements to my car control app . . .

I can get a "range map" from my car that represents how far it can travel before recharging. It's a big array of lat/lon coords that, when plotted, form a kind of blobby starburst pattern around the current position.

Would it be possible to send this constellation of points to puremaps as a sequence of destinations to visualize driving range? Is it possible now manually but I just can't figure it out?

Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Valhalla (routing engine used by OSM Scout Server and Stadia) has isochrone support (https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps/issues/87). If you have such series of lat/lots, it should be possible to show them. Probably can check it out how on mapbox gl examples. How do you get these points?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Valhalla (routing engine used by OSM Scout Server and Stadia) has isochrone support (https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps/issues/87). If you have such series of lat/lots, it should be possible to show them. Probably can check it out how on mapbox gl examples. How do you get these points?
Thanks for the info. Very useful.

I get my isoline points from BMW ConnectedDrive using the rangemap function.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Thanks for the info. Very useful.

I get my isoline points from BMW ConnectedDrive using the rangemap function.
OK, so you can get a sequence of points via some call in Sailfish program? If so, it will be possible to hook it into Pure Maps as well. Ideally, we should have some python function that can get a sequence which represents a polygon(s). Then we will be able to draw it as in https://docs.mapbox.com/mapbox-gl-js...ojson-polygon/

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
OK, so you can get a sequence of points via some call in Sailfish program? If so, it will be possible to hook it into Pure Maps as well. Ideally, we should have some python function that can get a sequence which represents a polygon(s). Then we will be able to draw it as in https://docs.mapbox.com/mapbox-gl-js...ojson-polygon/
I'm gonna give mapbox web interface a try with partially hand-modified points. Mapbox seems to want lat/lon in the inverse of the usual order . . . But anyway this will definitely give me a proof of concept one way or another.

But yes, I'm getting the points from a Sailfish program -- I suppose it's probably pretty cross-platform at this point since it's text-mode python so far. I'm adapting the bimmer_connected library for my own purposes, but also hopefully making a few contributions back to the source as well.

Thanks for the pointers!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
I assume the lack of a .pro project file in the root of github is indication that you don't use the qtdesigner ide as the basis for PM.

Or am I missing how to load the project?

I am trying to find what "app" is / what file to look in,
in the line from SharePage.qml

"app.sendSms(page.formatMessage(false));"

thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crun For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by crun View Post
I assume the lack of a .pro project file in the root of github is indication that you don't use the qtdesigner ide as the basis for PM.

Or am I missing how to load the project?

I am trying to find what "app" is / what file to look in,
in the line from SharePage.qml

"app.sendSms(page.formatMessage(false));"

thanks
You can still open qml files in qtdesigner without pro file and it works quite well . app is in qml/pure-maps.qml

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: