Posts: 168 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
I reach quite good battery life with recent N900 setting with over clocked and under voltage kernel (Titan's maemo25) + couple other settings.

More stuff about settings can be found from Overclock the N900 thread, post #3266

In addition to kernel settings, I use AutoDisconnect, 512bit/min & 2min.

Automatic connection to Internet is on, but polling time is set 60min. So even night time it is polling email (2 account) once per hour.

During nighttime I'm running at 125MHz or 500MHz. 95% of time it is in 125MHz.

During daytime 500-850MHz. Therefore battery drain is much higher after 10 o'clock (includes several calls and constant work with device).

Phone is using only GSM and WLAN when available.

Drop during 10h is ~8% (or less) -> ~0.8%/h. Theoretically that would mean 125h (5.2d) standby time with current idle activity.

EDIT: Some measurement results at various frequencies can be found from here

With these settings I can manage almost two days with normal usage.
I think that is pretty good

Last edited by Gusse; 2010-04-24 at 11:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to Gusse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by xav View Post
OK, I've done a some tests over a few days. Apparently MSN Pecan is a power sucker, the only one which works well without obvious effect on the battery life is gmail.

See attached screenshots for more info. In order:
- MSN (Pecan) + All Jabber accounts (gmail+jabber+ovi) + yahoo + skype
- MSN + ALL Jabber
- MSN alone
- gmail alone (note that one is screenshooted a bit earlier so you still see the charging period, ignore it)
- no IM at all
I've tried to make msn-pecan as efficient as possible, unfortunately there was a pretty nasty bug that only appears if you:
  1. Have offline messages pending
  2. Have daylight savings time in your timezone

Then msn-pecan would keep trying to get authorization drying your battery pretty fast. I just pushed a fix to extras-testing: telepathy-msn-pecan 0.1.0-0maemo3.

Can you give it a try?

not sure if this update has fixed the battery consumption or not as msn pecan has just died for everyone for some reason :P any news on the bug yet felipec?