Notices

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by kartograf View Post
I have downloaded Angry Birds pack 2, but it won't install as I need Angry Birds update 1.3.4. Since I have not received an update link via SMS and cannot see this application in my Apllication Manager, how do I actually update the App? I tried to re-install but I just get "Angry Birds already installed".
That's very odd - I got the update via App Manager. Do you have the Ovi store catalogue defined (and updating without errors)?

If I do manage to update, how do I install Level Pack 2, which is also not shown in App Manager - can I download from Ovi Store again, or will I have to pay again first?
Thanks.
You can redownload it. There's (apparently) a limit of 5 downloads though.

No, it seems my Ovi catalogue is not working. I get error "https://downloads/maemo.nokia.com/fremantle1.2/ovi/./Packages" Could not resolve host : downloads.maemo.nokia.com (Domain name not found)"
What should be in the address, distribution and components boxes?

Last edited by kartograf; 2010-07-23 at 20:55.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
No, it seems my Ovi catalogue is not working. I get error "https://downloads/maemo.nokia.com/fremantle1.2/ovi/./Packages" Could not resolve host : downloads.maemo.nokia.com (Domain name not found)"
What should be in the address, distribution and components boxes?
Well, unless you've mistyped it here, it should be "downloads.maemo.nokia.com", not "downloads/maemo.nokia.com". Otherwise it looks like you have DNS issues - do you get errors with the other Nokia repositories as well?

EDIT: I'd guess you have mistyped it, because the host reported later is the correct one. See here for details on changing the DNS servers.

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
check out the ovi store!

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
...at least from yesterday...

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 128 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by navsin View Post
check out the ovi store!
You are late for the party btw thanks

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
...at least from yesterday...
LOLZ..... I thought I was the first one to notice.... Was surprised though that it's out on a saturday... knowing the lazy nokians

Originally Posted by navsin View Post
LOLZ..... I thought I was the first one to notice.... Was surprised though that it's out on a saturday... knowing the lazy nokians
I believe it first became available on Thursday actually.

Tags
get an iphone, iphone, pointless wait