Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Earth
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
I myself see a failed point of buying N900, but not able to use its features because the small battery; disabling all kind of features.
Why not buy basic phone instead then?
Of course all kind of battery saving tricks which do not affect usability of different hardware features, are always welcome, but as the OP says, it is somewhat obvious that device with all these features will also need lots of juice.

Zimon.....dont buy one then, simple really

If however you have one and looking for some logial pointers about prolonging battery life....as do many people on many devices not just the 900....then hopefully the thread will be of assistance.

N900 - Use, Master, Appreciate.

Last edited by Astute; 2010-05-19 at 20:02.

Originally Posted by zimon View Post
I myself see a failed point of buying N900, but not able to use its features because the small battery; disabling all kind of features.
Why not buy basic phone instead then?
.... (remainder snipped)
It doesn't have to be an all or nothing choice.

It's perfectly reasonable to consider which of the phone's many features are essential to you, and which ones you prefer to sacrifice in order to get more battery life.

By the way, I think my battery life is better when I shut down and restart the phone every two days or so. When uptime is much over two days, it seems to me than hildon-desktop and/or hildon-home become much more likely to hang and suck the battery dry.

Last edited by RobbH; 2010-05-19 at 20:14. Reason: Remembered the rest of what I meant to say!

Tags
battery life, nokia n900