I'm looking at installing the fremantle SDK. However, I'm not going to abandon my current bora scratchbox setup (which I use for packages I install on my N800 as well as some I have provided for download). Scratchbox, as installed by default, only appears to support a single installation.

I could probably wrestle a second scratchbox installation into the system some way, but before I try out a hack like that I would like to know if there are some others out there with a successful dual- or multi-scratchbox installation, and some elegant steps to get there?

Last edited by TA-t3; 2009-10-18 at 14:04.

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
I'm looking at installing the fremantle SDK. However, I'm not going to abandon my current bora scratchbox setup (which I use for packages I install on my N800 as well as some I have provided for download). Scratchbox, as installed by default, only appears to support a single installation.

I could probably wrestle a second scratchbox installation into the system some way, but before I try out a hack like that I would like to know if there are some others out there with a successful dual- or multi-scratchbox installation, and some elegant steps to get there?
use: this for the help screen
Code:
./maemo-scratchbox-install_5.0.sh -h
./maemo-sdk-install_5.0.sh -h
But in your specific case what you want:
Code:
./maemo-scratchbox-install_5.0.sh -s <PATH>
./maemo-sdk-install_5.0 -s <PATH>
where <PATH> is where you want to put this scratchbox.

Nathan

The Following User Says Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I have two and they work fine if you stop one of them BEFORE starting the other one. Be sure to check the mounts before starting, sometimes they fail to unmount on stop.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Castello d'Argile (BO)
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
I have two and they work fine if you stop one of them BEFORE starting the other one. Be sure to check the mounts before starting, sometimes they fail to unmount on stop.
Did you install one copy of scratchbox and two different targets in it or just two complete scratchbox/target sets side by side in different directories?

I've been trying to add a Diablo target to a Fremantle scratchbox, but it complains about missing cputransp methods, even if I manually pick one and use the "-q" option.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
The best way to have a single scratchbox setup and multiple targets is to just point apt to the official scratchbox repo and download most packages (you can pickpoint which ones you really need, of course). Then configure each target manually. Fortunately, Nokia still provides manual install instructions for most targets. I've run all Maemo versions this way.

Also, sometimes you have to clear ~ when switching between targets. Not very often though. There's a gconf-clean.sh script that seems to do a pretty good job.

Last edited by javispedro; 2009-10-27 at 22:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by aboaboit View Post
Did you install one copy of scratchbox and two different targets in it or just two complete scratchbox/target sets side by side in different directories?

I've been trying to add a Diablo target to a Fremantle scratchbox, but it complains about missing cputransp methods, even if I manually pick one and use the "-q" option.
2 different scratchboxes in different folders, and about 5 targets in both. I have also another 3 even older scratchboxes on different disks and one scratchbox 2 in a chroot (which is like a 15GB alone )

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Castello d'Argile (BO)
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
The best way to have a single scratchbox setup and multiple targets is to just point apt to the official scratchbox repo and download most packages (you can pickpoint which ones you really need, of course). Then configure each target manually. Fortunately, Nokia still provides manual install instructions for most targets. I've run all Maemo versions this way.
The host is a 64bit Kubuntu 9.04 so most "boilerplate" instructions I've seen so far run into trouble somewhere along the line. I guess shared setups just are not the typical use-case, so I'll give it a try to manual installation.

I found these links:
Install guide for 4.1.2 SDK
Install guide for 5.0 SDK

Is there any other documentation that's relevant for this situation?

Thanks,
Andrea.

Tags
scratchbox, sdk