Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
Easily done with dbus-scripts. Create a file in directory /etc/dbus-scripts.d/ conaining
Code:
/usr/bin/slide * * org.freedesktop.Hal.Device Condition ButtonPressed cover
And the file /usr/bin/slide will be executed whenever the keyboard is opened or closed.
took a while to figure dbus-scripts is a package. Still doesn't work for me

dbus-scripts needs to be restarted after editing or creating a file in /et/dbus-scripts.d/, by the command killall dbus-scripts.

All the text from "/usr" to "cover" should be in one line.

Did you check that the script actually works?

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by hopbeat View Post
@andrewfblack, do you have sounds ready?
wow I forgot to subscribe to this post and lost it didn't know people were interested in this. Sounds are not ready but I can get them tonight. Any way to make an application that lets you pick the sounds from an mp3/other file type. Or can you point the program to look for the sounds in like /home/user/MyDocs/.sounds/slide/open.mp3 and /home/user/MyDocs/.sounds/slide/close.mp3

then we can just drop the sounds we want their after installing the program.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
wow I forgot to subscribe to this post and lost it didn't know people were interested in this. Sounds are not ready but I can get them tonight. Any way to make an application that lets you pick the sounds from an mp3/other file type. Or can you point the program to look for the sounds in like /home/user/MyDocs/.sounds/slide/open.mp3 and /home/user/MyDocs/.sounds/slide/close.mp3

then we can just drop the sounds we want their after installing the program.
Right now the application just looks for two specific files (they come with the package but can of course be replaced). This is the easiest way and should be sufficient in the early stage. App also supports different sounds for opening and closing keyboard.

I have also added support for vibration when locking the screen as requested, it's actually a nice feature (I have added custom vibration pattern).
The daemon is stable and optimized, the only thing that will be missing is configuration possibility.

No rush with the sounds, I'm doing the app for you not the other way round after all I will probably upload to extras-devel tonight, so you and others can see how it works.

Useful links for newcomers:
Użyteczne linki:
Nowi użyktownicy mówią cześć | New members say hello , Tu zaczynają nowi użytkownicy | New users start here, Podforum społeczności | Community subforum, Wiki dla początkujących | Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Często zadawane pytania | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Google

Jeżeli mogę w czymś pomóc, pytaj!
If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Bored? Follow me

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hopbeat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Cool, thanks so much

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Nottingham
I'm looking forward to trying this app

lockdaemon (if you thing of any better name let me know should shortly appear in extras-devel:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...kdaemon/0.0.1/

(BEWARE! dragons are there)
Two basic functionalities:
-play sounds: /home/opt/lockdaemon/open.mp3 and close.mp3 on keyboard open and close
-vibrates on keyboard lock/unlock

No configuration options at the moment, it is what it is

WARNING: it modifies your /etc/mce/mce.ini if you have been playing with it, please do not install this. Also uninstalling and installing again is not advised. (fixed in 0.0.2) Proceed with caution, this is a preview.

Any feedback appreciated (sounds are just samples from freesound.org).

Użyteczne linki:
Nowi użyktownicy mówią cześć | New members say hello , Tu zaczynają nowi użytkownicy | New users start here, Podforum społeczności | Community subforum, Wiki dla początkujących | Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Często zadawane pytania | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Google

Bored? Follow me

Last edited by hopbeat; 2010-03-19 at 21:20.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hopbeat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Nottingham
Thanks for the app

The sound when opening the keyboard seems delayed and sounds too much like the real keyboard click. Could do with some other type of sound. maybe a woosh.

I can only just hear the sound when closing the keyboard.

The lock/unlock vibration is cool.

Last edited by spoonbuddy; 2010-03-19 at 21:22.

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
dbus-scripts needs to be restarted after editing or creating a file in /et/dbus-scripts.d/, by the command killall dbus-scripts.

All the text from "/usr" to "cover" should be in one line.

Did you check that the script actually works?
Hmm, I rebooted 2 times and also called init.d/dbus-scripts restart.
No actions at all on open/close
script in /usr/bin works perfectly (play-sound foo)

jOERG

Originally Posted by spoonbuddy View Post
Thanks for the app

The sound when opening the keyboard seems delayed and sounds too much like the real keyboard click. Could do with some other type of sound. maybe a woosh.

I can only just hear the sound when closing the keyboard.

The lock/unlock vibration is cool.
I'm afraid there won't be much I can do about the delay, the keyboard slide event is emitted only after full slide out/in.
The sounds are just placeholders, those are supposed to be replaced with something @andrewfblack creates as a part of his theme

Hmm, no sound on opening? This would be strange. Can you show me 'ls /home/opt/lockdaemon' ?

Yes, I like the vibration thing, the hardware doesn't really work as nicely as in N97 or X6 but still nice.

Użyteczne linki:

Bored? Follow me

The Following User Says Thank You to hopbeat For This Useful Post: