Recently my Yahoo accounts has been acting up. My Mail hasnt retrieved anything new in a week and my messenger connects on the first try but seconds or minutes later it disconnects, I have to keep hitting online in my accounts app also it no longer recieves avatars and statuses(I use extraplugings for messenger) anyone else facing/faced this problem?

The Following User Says Thank You to unoace For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Bumping...
Best wishes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Thank you,

it also started once I installed power pack,

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Bumping, again...
Best wishes.

I bricked my phone and going to reinstall the firmware, so I will see if the problem fixes itself after this.

No, problem still didnt fix after flashing.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Wellington, NZ
Not sure if this is related but it may help those having problems with Nokia / Yahoo email.

A couple of months back my ovi / yahoo mail stopped working altogether with - "password login failure" (previously this had been an intermittent problem). After a week it suddenly started working again, great I thought! However the next day it stopped again with the same problem and stayed broken .

I was about to give up on Nokia but decided to do a little investigation into imap.mail.ovi.com. If you have a look here: http://pop.robtex.com/imap.mail.ovi.com.html#result you can see there a dozen different mail servers around the world. When you connect to imap.mail.ovi.com you should be redirected to the server nearest to you.

In my case that would be Hong Kong or Singapore. Since I've changed my imap & smtp server address to directly access the correct server my email has worked flawlessly!

Bumping...

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
You having the same issue?

No. I use Yahoo Mail, with web interface; I have yet to add it to N900 itself, since the primary source of Internet for N900 is USB cable, and then it's more comfortable to just open Yahoo Mail on laptop. I don't use Yahoo Messenger at all.
Have you tried logging into Yahoo Mail through Web Interface lately? There are changes going on, such as complete removal of classic interface.
If this problem continues for you, I will try to add Yahoo Mail accounts to Modest on N900, and see whether I get such problems.
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post: