Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
No, didn't help either. Flashing went fine, splashscreen is now back to default, but, still stuck on this splashscreen, with shining white LED in the corner, whatever that means.

Any further ideas?

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Installed Sailfish OS anew with TWRP. Beforehand, I managed to persuade TWRP to back up the data onto a memory card. Now, I have got to somehow recover it from data.ext4.win00* files. How?..

Hopefully, it does include all home directory.

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Installed Sailfish OS anew with TWRP. Beforehand, I managed to persuade TWRP to back up the data onto a memory card. Now, I have got to somehow recover it from data.ext4.win00* files. How?..

Hopefully, it does include all home directory.

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...
You can check the format with file command on the first one. It is either loopback image or tar archive. Did it get stuck on bootscreen before after doing zypper update?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
hurray, SD-Card is back after the last update!
Thanx, guys!!!!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
You can check the format with file command on the first one. It is either loopback image or tar archive. Did it get stuck on bootscreen before after doing zypper update?
Tar archive, yes, tar -xzvf on each of the files worked (as long as it isn't ancient tar of Maemo 5 Fremantle). After zypper update.

After I reinstalled Sailfish OS, as I was recovering files and settings, operating system apparently had a bright idea to install updates - I didn't call for them in command line. While videos play fine, camera doesn't work at all - so looking for an old version of nemo-gstreamer1.0-interfaces to downgrade to. No success, so far: https://build.merproject.org/search seems to have only 20150126, which is way too ancient.

What is the command to get zypper to downgrade packages to proper versions? Because I don't know which packages were upgraded above their working versions?

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

Currently my gstreamer packages are:
[nemo@Pro1 ~]$ rpm -qa *gst*
qt5-qtmultimedia-plugin-mediaservice-gstmediaplayer-5.6.2+git16-1.7.1.jolla.armv7hl
gstreamer1.0-droid-0.20200422.0-1.5.4.jolla.armv7hl
nemo-gstreamer1.0-interfaces-0.20200421.0-1.2.2.jolla.armv7hl
gstreamer1.0-plugins-base-1.14.1-1.2.8.jolla.armv7hl
gstreamer1.0-plugins-good-1.14.1-1.2.11.jolla.armv7hl
gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad-1.14.1+git5-1.7.3.jolla.armv7hl
qt5-qtmultimedia-gsttools-5.6.2+git16-1.7.1.jolla.armv7hl
qt5-qtmultimedia-plugin-mediaservice-gstmediacapture-5.6.2+git16-1.7.1.jolla.armv7hl
nemo-qtmultimedia-plugins-gstvideotexturebackend-0.0.11-1.3.4.jolla.armv7hl
qt5-qtmultimedia-plugin-mediaservice-gstcamerabin-5.6.2+git16-1.7.1.jolla.armv7hl
gstreamer1.0-1.14.1-1.3.12.jolla.armv7hl

These versions do not seem to make sense to me - all different...

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

After reboot, no active SIM cards inserted, device pretends that it has zero SIM card slots - history is repeating itself. At least, the device is surprisingly still booting, but I don't have much hope it will last long.

Should I try to switch to release 3.3, to avoid the update issues of 3.2.1.20?

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

epninety, storma: What is the repo for old nemo-gstreamer1.0-interfaces? Might be found with zypper info , for example?

Edit: See list of all packages installed attached in rpm.qa.txt
Attached Files
File Type: gz rpm.qa.txt.gz (8.9 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2020-05-04 at 03:15. Reason: Attached list of all packages installed

Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Should I try to switch to release 3.3, to avoid the update issues of 3.2.1.20?
If you're on devel repo, then updating to 3.3.0.16 should be done, yes.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
I'm not sure which of the recent updates changed things, but I noticed yesterday that I now get a stable bluetooth connection to my car, which I've never had before. (It used to connect for 10s then drop).

Sadly it doesn't route audio to the car, and the dialler hung so I couldn't disconnect the call, but still, it's progress

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
I've noticed that when playing audio over a headphone jack, the audio has huge stutters - as in it will stop for three or four seconds, play a tench of a second of sound or so, then go silent again - when the display goes to sleep. If I press the button to wake the display, the sound resumes playing normally.
This does not happen over bluetooth. I think it may be a bug in the power management, but I don't know where to go from here to debug it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:

Tags
fxtec pro1, sailfish os