Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
I am using Sailfish 3.2.1.20 on Fxtec Pro. Is it possible to upgrade to a newer version ? Jolla Browser has got at some point a problem with file download - it does not show notifications anymore about 'go to Transfers and see progress'. And when I open web browser from command line, I can see warnings related to attemps to download files - resume downloads from old session? And most of the time, when I open web browser, it seemingly stops responding, with 'Please wait or Close' question appearing many times in a row. Once I get past that, browsing is mostly fine - except some websites are not. EBay pages do not open , redirection limit exceeded . Github doesn't allow to edit code. Gumtree doesn't work either.

Thank you . Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
^^^ Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I scoured the web, found about 200 pages all saying the same, hanged the settings accordingly, rebooted... nothing.
Then I noticed the MMS settings have a menu! With a single menu entry, "Reset to default". That did the trick.
I have the same problem receiving MMS (X and XA2) as shown on your screenshot when my mobile data is on and my WIFI is on. If I turn WIFI off the MMS downloads. I have manually set MMS settings to T-Mobile, as "Reset to default" doesn't work at all.

Did you have both mobile data and WIFI on when you experienced the problem? I just want to find a way to receive MMS when both are on. Not that its hard to turn WIFI off, but if its 10, 15 MMS in 1 min from 5 people I have to hit them all, in order to download...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to N77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
^^^ Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I scoured the web, found about 200 pages all saying the same, hanged the settings accordingly, rebooted... nothing.
Then I noticed the MMS settings have a menu! With a single menu entry, "Reset to default". That did the trick.

The problem must have been introduced when I wiped the device and perhaps did not restore it properly. But it works now, thanks to YOU!

Jolla has a file with mms apn configuration per operator. https://git.sailfishos.org/mer-core/...eproviders.xml

Older versions of SailfishOS have older version of this file. So when you did factory reset you got old mms apn configuration.
It doesn't matter that this configuration changed during next SailfishOS versions.
When you use "Reset do default" in newer version of SailfishOS it will get mms apn conf from the newer version of this file which is included in OS.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by N77 View Post
Did you have both mobile data and WIFI on when you experienced the problem?
I think so. I do now.

I would ask my daughter but she is at her (virtual) class right now. I just sent myself an MMS (the first MMS I have ever sent in my life!) and it arrived fine.

Originally Posted by atlochowski View Post
Older versions of SailfishOS have older version of this file. So when you did factory reset you got old mms apn configuration.
I'm happy with that explanation.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by N77 View Post
Did you have both mobile data and WIFI on when you experienced the problem?
In SailfishOS you don't need to have wifi or mobile date on to send or receive MMSes. On Android you have to turn on wifi or mobile date but not in SailfishOS.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
(Now I have only one problem left, "File type 'audio/AMR' is not supported". But I can live with that )
Maybe this one https://openrepos.net/content/lpr/gs...2-jollaphone-x

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by atlochowski View Post
Jolla has a file with mms apn configuration per operator. https://git.sailfishos.org/mer-core/...eproviders.xml

It doesn't matter that this configuration changed during next SailfishOS versions.
When you use "Reset do default" in newer version of SailfishOS it will get mms apn conf from the newer version of this file which is included in OS.
I would have expected this conf to get updated with OS upgrades?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
I would have expected this conf to get updated with OS upgrades?
Me too.
File with configuration for all providers is updated.

From one side it should update your configuration during OS update if it's changed. But this file is updated manually on gitlab.

But it can be case like this:

Provider change configuration, no one change file on GitLab, you manually change apn configuration on your phone.
What OS should do during the next update?
Overwrite your configuration?

And you have to remember someone should update this file on gitlab and it's not happening very often.

Of course, we can make a thread about that on TJC and wait for Jolla reaction.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
atlochowski
Yes, I think this is good idea.

Whenever user manually edited these configurations, the OS should leave it as is. Independently of OS version or any changes on whatever location.
But: when these configurations are in its default state, they should get updated with every OS upgrade as well.
Or?
(it should not be too hard to implement a timestamp and change check against the gitlab version on opening this menu?)

Thanks for the hint about 'Reset to default'. I never ever had seen this pulley before!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
I am using Sailfish 3.2.1.20 on Fxtec Pro. Is it possible to upgrade to a newer version ?
Absolutely!
I am running 3.3.0.14 since EA was released.
3.3.0.16 is out but i have not tried.

I just asked on Telegram group if anything is broken in dev repo currently just to be sure
So maybe wait until devs confirm all is clean in repos.

[EDIT] better wait! My request started a discussion on Telegram and it is suspected that camera problems have been introduced sometime last week alrready when updating to 3.3.014.

This is the Proš Telegram, FYI.
https://t.me/sfos_user_pro1

Last edited by mosen; 2020-05-01 at 17:25.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post: