Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Some buyers got Stock assigned Email today
Message reads like:
That includes me . I guess they didn't register my request for cancellation. Oh well, I think I will then take the phone, even if I had other ideas at first.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
@acrux how long did you wait with the fxtec Logo shown? I remember, when I flashed Sailfish on my device. I also thought I wasn´t succesful. So I flashed 4 times, only to recognize that first boot takes ages. I think it was around 5 minutes but I thought the device stuck on boot screen.
Thanks for encouraging to try once more
Followed the procedure carefully, got the TWRP installed, SailfishOS installation produced the same output. This time waited for more than 15 minutes. Still no joy
Returning to LineageOS was straightforward and nonproblematic process...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
I use Sailfish on my Fxtec. On 2828th of April, I have manually called zypper refresh & update. A bunch of packages got updated, including droid, pulseaudio, and jolla calculator, if I remember correctly. After that, camera is black, photographs are fine, but taking photographs while flying blind is very inconvenient. Reboot did not change anything. When calling camera from command line, I get "signal 'show-frame' is invalid for instance '0xac244200' of type 'GstDroidEglSink'". I hope it is easy enough to resolve because I do not want to have to downgrade - if it is even possible .

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Confirmed. I don't use the camera much, so hadn't spotted it before.

Someone with access to a working Telegram app and/or a desire to sign up to yet another media flypaper could go over to https://t.me/sfos_user_pro1 and ask?

In other news, anyone else get a small unexpected package from FxTec this morning? Some alcohol wipes and a couple of stickers, with a note attached.

I still don't understand why 'phone cleanliness' is a thing in particular, unless you're in the habit of letting strangers lick your phone , but a nice touch to raise a smile on a grey morning Nice one FxTec!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epninety View Post
Confirmed. I don't use the camera much, so hadn't spotted it before.

Someone with access to a working Telegram app and/or a desire to sign up to yet another media flypaper could go over to https://t.me/sfos_user_pro1 and ask?
This was already reported there.

zypper in --oldpackage nemo-qtmultimedia-plugins-gstvideotexturebackend-0.1.0-1.6.1.jolla

zypper in --oldpackage nemo-gstreamer1.0-interfaces-0.20191010.0-1.6.1.jolla

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to storma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Not necessarily that simple. These commands give Package not found.

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Worked for me, camera operation is restored

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Camera doesn't even take photographs anymore. GUI seems to think that the device has zero SIM slots. zypper update seems to be more dangerous than I have ever seen apt-get upgrade to be.

Regarding zypper in --oldpackage nemo-qtmultimedia-plugins-gstvideotexturebackend-0.1.0-1.6.1.jollazypper in --oldpackage nemo-gstreamer1.0-interfaces-0.20191010.0-1.6.1.jolla , Packages still not found - are they inside register-with-Jolla repositories, or something?

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
With the latest zypper ref, pkcon ref, and version --dup, the issue with the multiple partitions showing up and the SDcard not being accessable persist.

Is there a way to manually fix that via the command line?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to oenone For This Useful Post:
Created Jolla account. Even with access to store repo, couldn't downgrade the two packages - not found. So, I tried zypper refresh & update again, and this time, I included the 12 packages (including libhybris) were previously held back by conflict with gcc-5.2. This time, when I tried to reboot after upgrade, Fxtec Pro got stuck on splashscreen. Beautiful but entirely unhelpful. The only idea I have now is to attempt to flash the device again, as I did after accidentally formatting system partitions.

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:

Tags
fxtec pro1, sailfish os