Notices

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Uninstall and read the first page of this thread (way too many users blindly updating to extras-devel...)

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Kiel, Germany
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
I do not think "Optification" means what you think it means... (see http://wiki.maemo.org/Opt_Problem ).
who the hell thanks for such postings ?!

hey guys ive been running the mupen64plus thru xterm and seen how its grown... i mean wow!! however now ive seen it on extras. just a quick 1 i tried to install it however i get the error.

applicationpackages missing: libsdl2.0

however like i said i have mupen64plus running thru xterm so surly i have this package?

so next Q is it worth downloading or just stay with the xterm version?

cheers for your help

Azz

Uninstall and read the first page of this thread (way too many users blindly updating to extras-devel...)
To be fair, they've been conditioned to act that way given 90% of the packages in devel are stable and have been for a long time. Unfortunately the resolution to this, while obvious, hasn't seemed to have occured. I vote for two resolutions:

1. Bring in a package manager to test and push stable applications to testing.

OR

2. Upload a virus to devel and teach em a lesson

Anywho...

Out of curiousity, the devel version the same one you've got on your depot? I've been meaning to reinstall it to keep trying things out but stuck on 2G net for a couple days.

Last edited by IzzehO; 2010-07-09 at 22:53.

So I've just tried the devel package.

Mario 64 seems to run great with the audio disabled but I can't seem to configure the input so I can't continue after seeing mario's face.

For people who are having trouble: set the CPU core to dynamic recompiler. If you don't do that, the screen will remain black after loading a ROM.
________
California Mdecial Marijuana Dispensaries

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 13:25.

Originally Posted by IzzehO View Post
To be fair, they've been conditioned to act that way given 90% of the packages in devel are stable and have been for a long time.
I actually got the first email with "I cannot install your extras-devel package" before I could try the package myself. So the current situation is completely AFU and even dangerous, for what is worth.

(But tbh I was expecting it)

Originally Posted by IzzehO View Post
Out of curiousity, the devel version the same one you've got on your depot?
Nope. While the mupen config dialog is much improved (it's usable now!), I've introduced a problem with the emu that causes it to not be able to load the blight input plugin.
I am currently settling for a three package setup -- one with the gles2n64 plugin, another one with mupen64plus, and a third one (the user visible one) with a menu icon whose dependencies include the former two. So in the future if someone (or me) wants to do a new GUI all he has to do is depend in gles2n64 and mupen64plus but no the menu icon one.

But this is all not written in stone. So if you're using the -devel package at all ensure you know enough about dpkg to issue a --purge command:
Code:
dpkg --purge mupen64plus-arm-gui mupen64plus-arm mupen64plus-arm-gles2n64

Last edited by javispedro; 2010-07-09 at 23:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Wow, today was a big surprise when I saw Mupen64 in repos. I tried out Goldeneye and Super Mario 64. I couldn't figure out how to get past Mario's face but I did almost beat the Dam level at a very slow FPS.

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Texas, USA
Installed from Maemo-devel but the input plugin fails to load. Claims that there's an undefined symbol TTF_WasInit, but I verified that libsdl-ttf2.0 was installed.

Kind of strange that an input plugin is looking for font function symbols...

Originally Posted by mooninite View Post
Installed from Maemo-devel but the input plugin fails to load.
I've introduced a problem with the emu that causes it to not be able to load the blight input plugin.
*rolls eyes*

Either way, that is fixed now, so update.

Small FAQ:
  • It says I have no graphics plugin selected!
    Go to Options -> Configure -> Plugins and select gles2n64 for graphics.
  • It says I have no input plugin selected / I don't know what the mappings are
    Go to Options -> Configure -> Plugins and select blight's SDL for "Input plugin". Then click on Configure.
  • There's no blight's SDL input plugin
    Update mupen64plus.
  • There are no plugins at all to choose from / It says I have no plugins!
    The plugin path has changed. You have to open X-Terminal and type:
    (if you don't have rootsh you can safely ignore this first step)
    Code:
    rootsh chown -R user:users .mupen64plus
    Code:
    cp /usr/share/mupen64plus/config/mupen64plus.conf  ~/.mupen64plus
  • How to quit?
    Ctrl+Backspace should always work (unless you enabled blight's input plugin mouse option).
  • libsdl1.2 / libsdl-ttf2.0 dependency missing!
    Refresh application manager and update mupen64plus.

Last edited by javispedro; 2010-07-10 at 14:09.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
what is the command to delete the mupenplus folder?

Tags
emulator, games, mupen64plus, nintendo, nintendo64