Poll: What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?
Poll Options
What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?

Closed Thread
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
Originally Posted by Enyibinakata View Post
So PR 1.2 update does improve the device significantly ? If so then I have a feeling that those who dumped n900 recently will have much to regret.
Depends on how you view it. Some people just don't like how Maemo works. I did have one 'wow that's not my cup of tea' comment from a friend after seeing me invoke xterminal.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Adelaide, Australia
can someone check the web version of gmail.

in previous firmware it would be choppy, wouldn't always open emails when you repeatedly hit the email topic with the stylus, the interface for writing would laaag etc

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by AtteK0 View Post
That is what happens when you do not quote the whole post.
I quoted your entire post #91 in my reply #104.

I said this update we all got may be an old one.
Not in post #91. You said, in it's entirety:
"The update PR1.2 has been ready for months. It has not been released because we have to wait for something for us to be even a little excited with our half-dead OSs. After this, there probably wonīt be any updates for the N900 Maemo 5 ever again. Meego and Symbian^3 and all the coders are probably sucked to those projects..."
None of which you have shown to be true.

...why are you so cranky
Really tired of FUD.

The update has been ready for release for weeks.
Again, a source?
Registered Linux user #266531.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:
The email client (Modest) no longer hides the folders and messages while it picks up new messages (which meant that if you were on a slow connection it looked like you had lost all your messages).

However, it still does not upload sent messages to IMAP server, and it still searches all folders for updates instead of letting you specify folders to search, so every update for me takes almost a minute... pretty pathetic really for an internet device.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oxford For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by The Quote Train View Post
can someone check the web version of gmail.

in previous firmware it would be choppy, wouldn't always open emails when you repeatedly hit the email topic with the stylus, the interface for writing would laaag etc
Full GMail or html only GMail?

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Czech rep
And what about HD resolution in recording:-)?

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post
I quoted your entire post #91 in my reply #104.

Not in post #91. You said, in it's entirety:
"The update PR1.2 has been ready for months. It has not been released because we have to wait for something for us to be even a little excited with our half-dead OSs. After this, there probably wonīt be any updates for the N900 Maemo 5 ever again. Meego and Symbian^3 and all the coders are probably sucked to those projects..."
None of which you have shown to be true.

Really tired of FUD.

Again, a source?
Again, I figured out people would not take me seriously. My comments were meant to start up conversation, not make people angry. I am sorry if I lack sources.

The facts are these: PR1.2 SDK has existed since March and has had no serious bugs. So what for havenīt we had it on our devices really makes you think if Nokia releases everything the instant something is ready for release.

The tactical side is this: Maemo 5 is dying. The successor Meego was released. They are making quick progress with it (remember Day One?) which means something sucks the resources from Maemo. That is all.

It is good that you responded, I did not say clearly enough that my comments were mainly speculation.

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
To another subject, moving large files from the internal memory to the mircoSD is less vulnerable to crashes and freezing than it used to be.

Originally Posted by petr295 View Post
And what about HD resolution in recording:-)?
Unlikely - Nokia won't want to steal the N8's thunder.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Adelaide, Australia
Originally Posted by rickysio View Post
Full GMail or html only GMail?
hmmm...the default one that loads when you got to www.gmail.com

I'm guessing full?

Closed Thread

Tags
chineesequality, fremantle, leaked pr1.2, maemo, maemo 5, n900, ranting, surreality