Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
***NOTE: THERE ARE NO MORE FACEPLATES, SORRY***

Pretty much the same deal as the 770 covers-- I have about 35 to 40 [updated] unused N800 faceplates (and *may* get a few more) in overall good condition. There may be fine scratches in some areas but nothing really bad.

To keep it simple, I'm using the same pricing. However, these things are even lighter and smaller than the 770 covers so postage should be cheap. Note that I will have to protect the faceplates from deflection which may make the packing just as bulky (I am using padded envelops and will add reinforcement).

The instructions and details are essentially a repeat from the 770 cover thread, with the exception that I am limiting shipment to 2 faceplates per person. See bottom of this page for faceplate removal instruction link.

1. Faceplates *may* have slight scratches or blemishes. However, as I noted above, these are generally good.

2. Faceplates will ship from the Fort Worth area, in Texas, USA, zip code 76248. They will be sent in padded envelopes with additional reinforcement (cardboard, newspaper, etc) as needed. I can get up to 2 faceplates in one pack.

3. Please calculate your own shipping based on your needs and the following criteria (changed; please read thoroughly before submitting a request):

-shipping is via the US Postal Service (www.usps.com)
-first faceplate is $2 for handling plus the shipping charges you calculate.
-every additional faceplate, up to 2 max, is another $1 for handling. Original shipping cost should not go up (these are very light).
-payment should be made to my paypal account, fabricator at cynicalsigns dot com (render into actual email address).
-make sure to include your full shipping info in the paypal payment; that's the only place I really need to see it.

4. Please do not email me unless you absolutely need to, and use the email address of my paypal account, not the address associated with this forum.

5. Please use this thread for general communications only; any messages including personal details should be via PM here.

6. If you intend to completely repaint the faceplate(s), or alter them significantly in any way, please let me know and I will send you ones with blemishes that won't matter in your use.

Note that there may be a slight delay between payment and shipping, but I'll get them out as soon as I can. I make no real profit from this endeavor.

EDIT: post for faceplate removal instructions--

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...plate?ipost=#9

Last edited by Texrat; 2007-07-18 at 03:18.

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
Forgive me, but are these simply replacement faceplates, or colored? Would it be possible to get colored (say, matte black or camo?)

These are original, as you see on shipped devices. I can't provide any additional services such as painting, sorry.

I don't understand what these are...I didn't think that the N800 came with a faceplate/cover.

Do you have any pictures?

Please examine your device. The front of it is a metal faceplate. That's what I'm providing as replacements.

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
I live EXTREMELY close to you, could I do a local pickup this evening? I'd like to snag one to do some painting experiments.

Oh I see, I thought that you were referring to a cover for the LCD...which would be nice!

Well... that's a separate issue. It even has its own thread (or three)!

Originally Posted by rcadden View Post
I live EXTREMELY close to you, could I do a local pickup this evening? I'd like to snag one to do some painting experiments.
If I can get one home today, possibly. I will contact you via PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Is it pretty easy to remove the original faceplate and install a new one?

It would be kewl to get one airbrushed with a design...