Well that didnt take long. I have lost one stylus for my N800 already. Anyone know where replacements can be found or similar ones that fit?
Thanks

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
I managed to lose mine for the 770 and can't find a place to order replacement styluses (stylii? )

Well, last time i checked, they were in stock at Nokias european web shop. Where you live, and where you can get them from, i don't know.

Originally Posted by dwoolley View Post
Well that didnt take long. I have lost one stylus for my N800 already. Anyone know where replacements can be found or similar ones that fit?
Thanks
I also lost one, so I contacted Nokia USA, and here is their response (date April 2, 2007):

"We acknowledge your request to obtain an extra stylus for your Nokia N800 Internet Tablet. We thank you for choosing Nokia products and can provide the following information.

Howard, please check your Nokia N800 Internet Tablet sales package. There should be an extra stylus in there. The device comes with an extra.

At this time, the stylus for the Nokia N800 Internet Device is not available as an enhancement. Should it be made available, it will be on the web site at www.nokiausa.com."

I find it interesting that Nokia considers the stylus an "enhancement", but we can save that for another thread.

Howard

Well isn't that just lovely
Anyway i just double checked (proof below) so there might be hope for you guys overseas.

Because I've lost more than a few stylii in the past for my Zaurus, I now never use the included ones. I leave them inserted and have purchased this - http://www.styluscentral.com/fisbulspacpe.html
It's expensive, but there are cheaper alternatives. And it includes a ballpoint pen on the other end too.

I just keep it in the stylus holder of the case I have, and since it's much heavier than the Nokia-included stylus, should I drop it, it's much easier to find/pick up.

R.
==

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Check this thread.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by howardcb View Post
I find it interesting that Nokia considers the stylus an "enhancement", but we can save that for another thread. Howard
You have to consider the context. Enhancement as in additional stylii beyond what's normally included in the sales pack. Another descriptor could have been used, but this is typical Finnglish, and should be fairly obvious as to intent.

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Port Angeles, WA
I had to come up with a replacement stylus so decided to make one using my woodworking hobby. The result is a stylus made of oak which fits the n800 stylus slot perfectly. It turned out beautiful and feels nice in the hand. I even put a glow in the dark paint on the very tip. Being hardwood it should last a long time.

My question to you all is would anybody else be interested in having wood stylii made? What would you be willing to pay?

Now if only I dared to attempt a wood faceplate....

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I had a scare yesterday, when I woke up and my stylus was gone! I soon found it, but I never found my spare stylus when I first received my N800 box, so this is the only one I have. I would pay around $5 for a replacement.