Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
These are the cheapest ones i've seen :

Nuxxus Drivemulti - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nexxus-Drive...3048184&sr=8-3

LG HFB-500 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-HFB-500-S...3048184&sr=8-4

Obviously you can buy much more expensive units which may/may not perform better.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZootHornRollo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
I'm hoping there will be a Brodit active mount soon too. Had on for both my HTC Tytn and Tytn II and found them to be faultless.

I mailed brodit once more. This was the reply:

The holder for N900 is still under construction.
Do to holiday’s can’t we say when it will be ready yet, but we are working to have a holder ready as soon as possible.

Please see on our website for more updates.
We'll just have to keep waiting

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
I emailed the ebay seller in one of the links listed that had a N900 mount as i could no longer find the product on their shop site.

The response was that it was no longer available as changes need to be made. Not sure if he meant the mount or the n900

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
I too have just had a reply from Brodit
HI!

This is under construction so please check our web within a couple of weeks
Sounds ecouraging.

Do you really expect those solar panels to produce any decent amount of power?? It takes a ton of surface area to produce just a small amount of power with solar.

I hope your not planning to shut the device off and leave it to bake in the sun for 12 hours to get 15 minutes of talk time. If your in the car may as well plug it into the accessory adapter or use an inverter.

There is still no specific holder for the N900 available.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ dallas, tx usa
This may be a dumb question, but I am new to using car PDA mounts (I have always used stand-alone GPS or aux port/iPod connectors).

Of the mounts available (specifically the Arkon universal passive mounts), can they be easily rotated to put the phone in landscape mode rather than portrait?

I ask because most of the photos show portrait mode, but as we know the n900 doesn't car much for it. I already use the phone in the car extensively (podcasts while traveling for business, etc.) but it usually sits unavailable in my dashboard storage bin.

They can be rotated but most of these mounts are just plain ugly and in rotated mode some of them will let the phone slip out

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Emailed Brodit as well before stumbling onto this post

They will have their hands full with all our mails lol

Tags
n900 carkit mount