Notices

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i guess if tear keeps developing at the pace its currently progressing, i may stop using the built in browser fully, and then the issue will be a lesser one (one can now keep menu button pressed to select text).

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
Originally Posted by tso View Post
...tear....one can now keep menu button pressed to select text).
how does that work, exactly?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
keep the button that normally displays the apps menu pressed, and drag with the stylus.

I can't believe it. I uploaded the wrong version this afternoon

I fixed the link and updated the attached deb. Please redownload. (if you were wondering why "Entry >> File" wasn't there...that's why.)

Thanks

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

The Following User Says Thank You to BrentDC For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Brent, thanks yet again. This new Entry>>File is a great addition to an already-very-useful little program. No bugs for me yet, either. I really like it A LOT!

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lm2 View Post
As for highlighting text, if you have this tweak installed, you can double click at the start of your desired text, then scroll down with d-pad as far as you want, and then copy.
That was helpful. I don't think I have that tweak installed, but just keeping the stylus on the screen and using the d-pad works pretty well.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
That was helpful. I don't think I have that tweak installed, but just keeping the stylus on the screen and using the d-pad works pretty well.
Happy to help. For my part, I couldn't live without that tweak!

Originally Posted by lm2 View Post
Happy to help. For my part, I couldn't live without that tweak!
Sorry to hijack Brent's thread, so first I'll say

Quick Clip is a great little app, very helpful! Try it!

lm2, why do you like that d-pad tweak so well? Doesn't it make you jump by whole pages? I can see that being useful for reading (like the way FBReader works) but isn't it a problem for highlighting (selecting) text, where you don't necessarily want to select a whole page at a time?

Help Save This Forum

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
Doesn't it make you jump by whole pages?
No. It moves right to the next "page"--i.e., to the next screen-sized portion of the webpage. I don't find that it skips anything.

isn't it a problem for highlighting (selecting) text, where you don't necessarily want to select a whole page at a time?
If I don't want to select a whole page, then yes, I do have to move my stylus around a bit while keeping it pressed to the screen. But my "not being able to live without the tweak" has less to do with the dynamics of highlighting text than it does with the ability to read text page-by-page. I just find it the most natural way to read, say, a new york times article. It just cuts down on the number of times I have to press the d-pad or touch the screen with my finger or stylus.

The Following User Says Thank You to lm2 For This Useful Post:
BTW, things I'm (hopefully) going to be implementing in .12:

- Ability to choose whether Quick Clip Date Stamps or Separates clippings (maybe for easy importing into other formats?)
- History submenu that shows the last ten clipppings

If anyone has any features they want implemented in .12, please post here and I'll see what I can do.

Unfortunately, it may be a while till .12 comes out. So far I've been doing all my development on-device (with Pygtkeditor), but the main drawback to this is that you can't see the python debug text with statusbar plugins on-device.

While Quick Clip was simple this wasn't a huge problem, but now, as I add more and more features, I could really use it.

But, I need a working Scratchbox install to be able to do see the debug text (from what I hear)...and Scratchbox scares me...

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

The Following User Says Thank You to BrentDC For This Useful Post:

Tags
announcement, python, quick clip, statusbar