Closed Thread
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
The cssu supports 6 desktops natively since 16.0 (i think). Just go to the edit mode by long pressing a widget (or the little gear) and in the window where you can enable-disable desktops scroll to the right.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao, Spain
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
The cssu supports 6 desktops natively since 16.0 (i think). Just go to the edit mode by long pressing a widget (or the little gear) and in the window where you can enable-disable desktops scroll to the right.
Thank you very much qwazix ; I didn't know really. I will try that and hope it can solve my problem (now my memory usage reaches 100% permanently )

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Actually it supports up to nine desktops and portrait, with seperate widget.positions. Also the hildon-desktop at the portrait thread is outdated, and the newer version is only in the cssu. So for advanced desktop features stick to the cssu because just about everything around here has been incorporated and improved further.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Hi everyone i have had the n900 for more than a year now but im still a noob when it comes to programing, do you recomend me to install the cssu or is it still just for developers?
i really like the features and upgrades so i would like to try it but i dont want to mess with n900 i already had to flash it once for doing it
thanks

Originally Posted by rodald View Post
Hi everyone i have had the n900 for more than a year now but im still a noob when it comes to programing, do you recomend me to install the cssu or is it still just for developers?
i really like the features and upgrades so i would like to try it but i dont want to mess with n900 i already had to flash it once for doing it
thanks
A stable CSSU for end users/noobs is due out fairly soon.

Just wait for it.

Greetings.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to s4br0s0 For This Useful Post:
Rodald:

Install BackupMenu. Start phone with keyboard open, create a backup. Install CSSU, if you like it, keep it. If not, restart phone with keyboard open, restore backup, uninstall backupmenu, remove backup and forget.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Is there any possibility to lock hildon-desktop to portrait and disable auto-rotation? Anyone else seeing this as a feature?

The Following User Says Thank You to .__.. For This Useful Post:
Installed through xterm. So far so good, no problem. Thanks cssu crew.

Hello cssu team thanks for all your hard work can i request a portrait lock please so the ui stays in portrait unless the keyboard is opened!

The Following User Says Thank You to romiiio For This Useful Post:
Is it possible to force N900 to rotate background image to portrait mode just like it happens on N8?

O.K. Maybe I didn't type this in correct way...
I will try again.

When I turn my N900 to portrait mode - widgets are turning as well as menu and so on, but background picture stays as it was standing before.

It just doesn't rotate.

Is it possible to make so that background image is rotating together with widgets?
  3. Nokia 6110 Navigator (Black)
  4. Nokia N900
  5. Sony Xperia Z1
  6. Nokia 8

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade