Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
well that's not me. hehe i saw the gal at banapple in il terrazzo. (is she reading this?)

Last edited by vetsin; 2011-11-19 at 11:29.

Posts: 212 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2010 @ India
I forced my brother to accept a N900 as a gift.He took it reluctantly.That is the only N900 i saw other than mine.

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Spotted no one in Argentina. Here it's very unpopular because no cellphone operator sold it, you gotta buy it imported from other countries.
You gotta really love it to buy it here. 3g doesn't even work here D: .

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Massachusetts
hahah What a funny thread! For me, there were only 3 other N900 users in my area. As I was activating an account at a local T-Mobile Limited store, the employee told me her friend had one before me, but for some reason, his 3G/internet didn't work so he sold it. Clearly, it worked for mine.

A few months after I settling with my N900, and after countless posts on social networks like Facebook, Twitter, I found out one of my friends bought one for his girlfriend (who is now his ex). After a while, she let me look at her N900 and all the black paint of the keys on the slide-out keyboard were all scratched away. I could clearly see through them. This was because she had long nails and of course a girl would have that. She didn't even know there was an on-screen virtual keyboard until figuring out the option in the settings months later, LOL. This was when I figured that QWERTY keyboard devices aren't meant for girls, or people with long fingernails. Touchscreen-only/slate devices work better for them.

I carry my N900 around with me everywhere. So this last one, I was at a close friend's house listening to music out loud with the N900 popped out stand. My friend's older brother came along and saw it, and remarked, "Hey! Is that your Nokia?"
"Yeah, it's mine." I responded.
"I bought the same one!"
"Really? The N900 model."
"Yeah I just bought it off eBay a few days ago for 240 bucks! It's already shipping."
It turned out he's been wanting it for a while, and wanted to replace his T-Mobile G2x (Android).
I laughed... (Note that this was just earlier this year around March or so.)

After he got his device, I helped guide him through some simple tasks and pimp out his device since he was so noob at it. I remember his exact quote was, "It's too advanced!" LOL
Well, a few months later in the summer, he then sold his N900 for an iPhone 4. Typical broad, but I still keep in contact with the fellow on Facebook.

// Roth

Last edited by Roth; 2011-11-19 at 17:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to Roth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom
in south east uk i have never seen anyone with an n900 . all you see are iphone and samsung galaxy s . they are seen daily but never a n900 . most dissapointing really ... the 1 time i mentioned that i owned one was at my local nokia care point. the man at the counter laughed and said "unlucky ! nokia dumped that model!".. that was 1.5yrs ago but it stuck with me ... annoyed the hell out of me then i stresses me out whenever i think of it ! what an idiot he was...

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Originally Posted by udaychaitanya16 View Post
I forced my brother to accept a N900 as a gift.He took it reluctantly.That is the only N900 i saw other than mine.
haha. that wouldn't be the case in our house. two of my brothers have been asking when will i replace my phone so they can have my N900! too bad that won't be happening in the near future.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
Spanish festival in Melbourne AUST.

I have seen N900 only twice in my country, but I know one guy who has the N900, so it makes 3 people + me = 4 people. Not much.
  3. Nokia 6110 Navigator (Black)
  4. Nokia N900
  5. Sony Xperia Z1
  6. Nokia 8

other than me and my sis ive never seen anybody else in the east coast have it, well my sis sold it to me for 100$ she thought theres a touchscreen problem but i reflash it and its working perfectly she moved on to galaxy s2.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Bangladesh
one of my friend has the n900, prio is his name, im not sure if he is here on maemo.org.
my elder cousin brother has one, nasif bhai.

that makes 3 of us here in Bangladesh,
saw more on eCommerce sites, 3-4 n900 users who are selling their devices. Either they dont know about cssu update or they are plain idiots or going for n9 or better

Last edited by techdude2121; 2011-11-20 at 19:25.