Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hmmm... Well, I guess it just depends on what you want to do.
What is even better is having both. Like on the N900. Too bad the N900 doesn't have a 5.3 inch screen and dual core 1.4GHz processors!
Well you could always use a miniature bluetooth keyboard.
as demonstrated with the dell streak
http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/24/d...i-in-more-way/

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
Well you could always use a miniature bluetooth keyboard.
as demonstrated with the dell streak
http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/24/d...i-in-more-way/
Excellent suggestion! Although may need to keep it fixed with duct tape...

Does anyone know of a reputable importer that currently sells the Galaxy Note in US?

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Excellent suggestion! Although may need to keep it fixed with duct tape...

Does anyone know of a reputable importer that currently sells the Galaxy Note in US?
Expanseys is reliable seller but they charge through the ***. Their is also mobile city online

The Following User Says Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
Quick 2 questions... Anyone heard/seen anything about a US release date? Any news on if this phone will use NFC (described as NFC Optional) once ICS is on it?

The Note is a great phone and a good tablet. An electronic notepad etc.

With ICS I think they will allow MHL to do HDMI-out in 1080p format.
Also I think they will add in a lot more driver support for HIDs, making it less of a smartphone and more of a PC.

And I know a lot of people here have their own remote serves/ssh/whatnot and I think this makes a great companion for that.

Enjoy the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEb-D...layer_embedded

P.S. Perhaps some of you should hold up on the purchase, there is an LTE equipped SGNote which is to be released in South Korea and probably USA (AT&T) and Australia (Telstra-2012).

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
hey there. i got myself a galaxy note but i think i will return it, the time for me to change the n900 just hasn't come yet obviously. the screen, stylus and flash support really rock but that's about it, the os still has some bugs and it's just kinda stupid, i mean i can't even use the phone while i'm copying a movie on it for example, wtf. it surely can't fill the n900's shoes but i decided that i'll give it a try and for now it looks like i'll be returning it. the biggest surprise for me is that i don't miss the hwkb so much, i just write slower.. but i miss maemo as hell. if anyone has some questions i'll be happy to answer them, will be having the phone till tuesday it seems.

The Following User Says Thank You to olympus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olympus View Post
hey there. i got myself a galaxy note but i think i will return it, the time for me to change the n900 just hasn't come yet obviously. the screen, stylus and flash support really rock but that's about it, the os still has some bugs and it's just kinda stupid, i mean i can't even use the phone while i'm copying a movie on it for example, wtf. it surely can't fill the n900's shoes but i decided that i'll give it a try and for now it looks like i'll be returning it. the biggest surprise for me is that i don't miss the hwkb so much, i just write slower.. but i miss maemo as hell. if anyone has some questions i'll be happy to answer them, will be having the phone till tuesday it seems.
Is the note too big to be practical?
It's between the note and the nexus for me so far.

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
well i have big hands but not the biggest and i can use it with one hand so no problem there but i did catch myself getting a pair of jeans on me, reaching in the pocket with my hand and saying to myself, it won't fit in there and changing to another pair of jeans so.. yes sometimes.

The Following User Says Thank You to olympus For This Useful Post:
Pretty impresive device is this Samsung Note I would love to have one.
  3. Nokia 6110 Navigator (Black)
  4. Nokia N900
  5. Sony Xperia Z1
  6. Nokia 8

So my N900 is out of service now. Got a Galaxy Note from getgoods for 450 Euro.
It is a really big phone :-)
1. The Display is big and amazing. Not even comparable to N900.
2. It has the same weight as the N900 and is pocketable
3. Using it normal you see a big keyboard. The remaining screen is still 3.5 inch
4. The phone is fast
5. Gps works instantly
6. I have to learn Android. It is usable.
7. I write this using the stylus It works capacitive. When the phone recognizes the stylus it ignores other touches.
8. android market ...
9. the Display ...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wire-less For This Useful Post:

Tags
android, galaxy note