Although I am not positive yet, I would assume it will be the same OS. Think of it as having one PC with one OS, and then just buying a new PC with the same OS...

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by fanoush
Wow that one is ugly :-)
This is exactly what I thought. Somehow reminds me of leftovers from the 50s and 60s I occasionally find in my parents' attic.

And I do hope it will not be bigger than the 770, though it looks somewhat clumsier on the picture. Also, the rounded corners indicate there's no more slide-on cover, which would mean no screen protection, no power saving funktions ...

Anyway, lets wait for the technical specs.

BTW: The "thing" at the bottom left corner could as well be the progress bar we see when booting... it could simply be thicker on this device.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Actually. If you look at the edges, there's a clear plastic lip. I believe that's a clear plastic cover which most likely snaps off and goes under the unit (so you can still see the screen when protected unlike the current 770). The mystery square on the screen appears to be a sticker stuck to this clear plastic cover. The little divots/speaker holes all over it are a BAD idea. They'll fill with grime really quickly (internet users have sweaty hands).

If that's a web cam and it's integrated, I don't like it. It looks like a nubby antenna for cellular access to me. It's also in the way when you hold the tablet whatever it is.

I'm not much of a fan. If anything's gonna stick out (except for the power/USB cables), have it stick out of the top.

Hoping for more news on the 670. (not a typo)

Originally Posted by fermunky
Hmm... sorry if it is a repost, I haven't been to this site in a while

(image requested to be removed by Nokia)

Am I missing something?? What are you guys on about? I dont see anything.......

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
Originally Posted by Hedgecore
If that's a web cam and it's integrated, I don't like it.
I think it is a webcam, here is the image after some playing with the light:
(image requested to be removed by Nokia)

-i

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
Doesn't the stylus have that precise notch?

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
looks ugly! Here's hoping its a proto design.

Ok guys, Nokia just requested to have the image removed (you all know what that means ). As a favor, please don't repost it for lawful purposes.

Thanks.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Damnit. That meant the grime-gathering more-integrated-things-to-stick-out-and-break thing is real.

(Don't get me wrong. I'm so happy with the 770 I'm definately going to buy the next generation... providing it doesn't run CE and have a billion useless peripherals sticking out)

*EDIT: Good luck, Engadget has a hold of this story.

Last edited by Hedgecore; 2006-10-26 at 22:41.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
TBH, I'm more interested in improvements to the 770's software: stability, robustness, features, UI improvements for the small, high-resolution screen etc.

Although if such a successor were released, we don't know what would happen to 770 updates.