Posts: 103 | Thanked: 493 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
To clarify on the pouch outcry, my comments on the matter were (at least) two-fold and separated:
1 - What actually is the case in the Limited Edition ?
2 - Did the team do some research on what the Pro1 will fit in when it comes to the current market ?
2.1 - I happen to prefer pouches
2.2 - I do prefer my pouches *without* belt attachments (AKA in-pocket)
2.2.1 - I used this one for my N900, for instance
TL;DR: I was *not* advocating for any kind of case (pouch or not, belt or not...) to be shipped with the Pro1, be it on Limited Edition or the regular one.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
What's wrong with a clip on case?....
Everything, since I to like to keep my screen as pristine as possible, and I can't be confident in what may be happening in my pockets... and even less outside (even though, or because, I never ever cracked a screen).
Plus the clip-on adds bulk when *using* the phone, which is a big no-no for me (even more so as the devices get bigger).

Last edited by British; 2019-03-06 at 10:15.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to British For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by British View Post
2.2 - I do prefer my pouches *without* belt attachments (AKA in-pocket)

A serious question:
What kind of trousers are you normally wearing?
I'm used to wear slim fit jeans or cargo trousers. I think with my cargo trousers there shouldn't be a problem. But putting a 6 inch device with 14 mm of thickness, which sticks inside a pouch in a my jeans is simply impossible. I hope that it will fit in some way in without any case. But I fear even that will not be comfortable. Sometimes my Xperia X (inside a slim case) is already uncomfortable.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by British View Post
Did the team do some research on what the Pro1 will fit in when it comes to the current market ?
a phone would fit in any pouch that is big enough, so finding a generic one with the perfect fit is possible.
but other types of cases suck balls if they arent designed to fit your specific phone, so i was actually hoping to see the one included actually be a specific design for the phone.

and unless this becomes a massive sales hit i dont see any 3rd party manufacturers making specific cases for it.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
What's wrong with a clip on case?...
that doesnt seem to be protecting the part that needs protection. and it protrudes the edges, so you lose the benefit of the curved glass.

my vote goes to the flip case, book type to be more precise (vertical flip case is a little awkward in combination with a landscape slider)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaiKo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
I prefer a pouch case as well, though I never stick the phone in my trouser pocket unless the knee pocket of cargos. Guess how my Gemini got that big dent in it?

Find the guys who made the AX-Alex pouch cases for the N900 in Germany (their website seems dead). Easily the best case I've ever had for any phone, mine still looks like new even now.

Second place is the Nutshell cases, they will custom make to the device size, but their postage charges from NZ are a killer.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
What kind of trousers are you normally wearing?
I'm used to wear slim fit jeans or cargo trousers. I think with my cargo trousers there shouldn't be a problem. But putting a 6 inch device with 14 mm of thickness, which sticks inside a pouch in a my jeans is simply impossible. I hope that it will fit in some way in without any case. But I fear even that will not be comfortable. Sometimes my Xperia X (inside a slim case) is already uncomfortable.
I don't wear slim trousers or any kind of jeans.
Of course I also try to stay away from small pockets

My Z30+pouch fit nicely in my trousers, with room to spare, so I'm not too worried about the Pro1 on that matter.
I'm not winning a fashion contest any time soon, though

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to British For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Just in case you do not follow chens twitter.
First look on the preorder case from some minutes ago:
https://twitter.com/chenliangchen/st...98918564139010

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Plastic clear case looks good to me.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
I [d/w]on't do Twitter, but thanks for the tip nonetheless.

At least now I know I won't need the Limited Edition/pre-order for the stuff that will come with the phone

Still waiting on Chen to comment on the time-frame of the pre-order, though

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to British For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
First look on the preorder case from some minutes ago:
https://twitter.com/chenliangchen/st...98918564139010
this is the bg image for the video:

dont know how to link to the video directly so you'll have to go on twitter to see him turn it around (you dont need a twitter account to watch the video on twitter).

it's a clip on cover, but only on the back part, so no protruding plastic on the front, but no protection at all for the front either.

could use it to hack your own flipcase i guess, by glueing a leather flap on it.

Last edited by SaiKo; 2019-03-06 at 16:21.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SaiKo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Plastic clear case looks good to me.
Yupp, agreed.
All pouch, flip and what not cases only need to fit the size "roughly" and you can scale up in price with leather and stuff to your own liking.
A clear case however is a negative mold of the phone case and as others mentioned not likely to be available for this device from any other source due to low volume.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit