I'd love to pick up a nice cheap Bluetooth Keyboard, considering I type like 5 words a minute on the N800's Stylus board (too lazy to use the finger board), Whereas on a normal keyboard I type like at least 80.

Anyways, I'd love to find a nice bluetooth keyboard that works with the N800 for about 20$, but I can go higher.

On a side note, Does anyone have a list of keyboards that don't work with the N800?

Another thing to note: I don't care about the size of it. It can be the same size as a normal Desktop keyboard, and I wouldn't care. Doesn't have to be foldable, either.

Last edited by Syntra; 2007-11-12 at 04:35.

I'm with you.
This 2004 review can't be the latest. Stowaway has been a name I trusted in the pocketPC world. But I would be shocked to hear they hadn't done anything new/better recently.
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/tips...h_Keyboard.htm

I'm trying to move from a pocketPC world (with MS owning that space) to a more open/better device/bluetooth world.

The N800 is the device, as far as I can see. Are there now better accessories? Or does the mainstream pocketPC (winCE/whatever it is currently called) own the accessory world too.

I suppose they might, since they have raw numbers.

One of the biggest plusses to my wife's Axim, that I bought her 5 (+-) years ago, was that Dell made a keyboard to custom mate to it. It turned it into her personal PC. I'd like my N800 to be the same for me.

picture this: travel 5 hours for a meeting, wearing nothing other than my skin, but when the meeting starts, I pull out 2 devices, one the PC, and the other my keyboard. I could keep notes and mark future work items, like anyone else, but I came without a backpack to carry everything in.

That is my idea of travelling light, and I know from my partial version of this idea that it strikes a chord with many other corporate folks.

Last edited by PLeBlanc; 2007-11-12 at 04:22.

I picked up a Dell-branded Stowaway BT Keyboard here for $63.00: http://www.mobileplanet.com/p.aspx?i=150080 I couldn't be happier

A bit high for me, But I'll keep it in mind, thanks!

Another thing to note: I don't care about the size of it. It can be the same size as a normal Desktop keyboard, and I wouldn't care. Doesn't have to be foldable, either.

Brother,

I got an Apple BT keyboard around 6 months ago. It's sturdy and even though is not flat it works as a charm. I never have to worry to have it on a surface so it won't bend or anyting liuke that. The baterry life it's amazing (4 batteries, should last 6 months) mine has 6 months and have no show of dead battery. I got it on ebay for around 40 dollars, look around, they are an unbeatable deal/

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
bluetooth keyboard that does NOT work with the N800: freedom mini duo

(at least, I couldn't get it to work wtih mine)

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Berlin, Germany
This one is really beautiful : http://www.apple.com/keyboard/, $79. It works like a charm with n800. I own one and I am very pleased. See the forum thread about it.

Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
bluetooth keyboard that does NOT work with the N800: freedom mini duo
Did you have it set in HID mode?

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Originally Posted by PLeBlanc View Post
<snip>
picture this: travel 5 hours for a meeting, wearing nothing other than my skin, but when the meeting starts, I pull out 2 devices, one the PC, and the other my keyboard. I could keep notes and mark future work items, like anyone else, but I came without a backpack to carry everything in.

That is my idea of travelling light, and I know from my partial version of this idea that it strikes a chord with many other corporate folks.
GAAAD!!!
Nothing more then YOUR SKIN????

WHERE do you "pull out 2 devices" FROM???

My pouch! I'm 1/4 marsupial.