Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
hi
it seems the last update on Jolla store is failing on my x10 II while the previous version did work.
From the icon, after the splashscreen I have "background process connection failed"
And see below for what I can see from launching it from terminal:

library "libGLESv2_adreno.so" not found
library "eglSubDriverAndroid.so" not found
QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: Au
cun fichier ou dossier de ce type
Failed to enable unit: Unit file harbour-situations2application.service
does not exist.
Failed to start harbour-situations2application.service: Unit harbour-si
tuations2application.service not found.
I tried to remove and reinstall but it did not help.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 596 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Finland
If you installed Situations v276 along with Sonar before 277, you probably need to update Sonar manually from here: https://github.com/pastillilabs/sona...ases/tag/0.0.8

Sonar 0.0.7 had a defective autostart for Situations on aarch64.

Br,
Heikki

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
After a long silence there's now a small update (alpha) available here:

https://github.com/pastillilabs/pack...leases/tag/280

Added a new Daylight condition that should activate between the sunrise & sunset times of a manually set or currently detected location.

It was rather quickly made, so any testing & feedback would be more than welcome.

Br,
Heikki

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Hello folks,

Anyone here still? Loooong and biiiiig refactoring of Situations is finally starting to reach its final stages. And thus there is now a new alpha version available here: https://github.com/pastillilabs/pack...leases/tag/285

This one is a major rewrite of many things inside the application. But, in short, the most crucially visible thing for the user is ditching Sonar and instead running the whole background service process with root privileges. This of course is not optimal state of things, but it was in the end the simplest & fastest solution to overcome all the problems caused by sandboxing and insufficient Harbour allowed APIs.

So, running this version of Situations first time will request user to install situations-daemon package, which will obsolete Sonar. Situations-daemon contains systemd directives for starting the background service + a couple plugins needed to access APIs not allowed in Harbour. All this is also most likely incompatible with any custom auto-start hacks.

Application internal data structures have gone through some major changes and at the same time so has persistent storage. There is a risk that some data will not be correctly imported from the previous version.

Otherwise, I think I managed to get pretty much all functionality working again. Any feedback & bug reports are appreciated

Br,
Heikki

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hhaveri View Post
Hello folks,

Anyone here still? Loooong and biiiiig refactoring of Situations is finally starting to reach its final stages. And thus there is now a new alpha version available here: https://github.com/pastillilabs/pack...leases/tag/285

[...]
Otherwise, I think I managed to get pretty much all functionality working again. Any feedback & bug reports are appreciated

Br,
Heikki
Thanks a lot Heikki
I have installed it. So far so good. I had indeed the prompt to install the background service.
I will report back if I see any problem.

br

The Following User Says Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
Thanks a lot Heikki
I have installed it. So far so good. I had indeed the prompt to install the background service.
I will report back if I see any problem.

br
Overall it seems working fine, which is great and thanks for that.

One glitch compared to the good old days where everything worked like a charm, it seems that the 'watchface' addon is not working.
Previous settings related to watchface changes do not seem to trigger much while trying to add a new one (with a Pebble watch) shows a pop-up with only 'watchface' and not the previous option to select a watch (if I remember it correctly) and then a list of watchfaces.

Another small thing is that it seems that I continue to have several notifications in the notification home page, one after the other regarding situations app. However, this is not as bad as it was (I had only 3 just now since I updated the app).

I'll continue reporting ...

Last edited by P@t; 2023-07-26 at 14:19.

...it seems that the 'watchface' addon is not working.
Ahh, that one indeed was done completely in blind. I cannot test it myself at all. With the previous working version I got help - as far as I remember from the developer of rockpool. So I will probably need some iterations & testing assistance again to make it work. Can you help?

...I continue to have several notifications in the notification home page...
Will look into it.

Another known issue is that single instance app launching does not work - with the Launch action or from tapping a notification, Situations used to call invoker which had a single instance flag. But it is not there anymore.

If anyone knows how to do it properly, I'd appreciate some knowledge sharing. Current version does the launching like this: https://github.com/pastillilabs/situ...nch/launch.cpp

Br,
Heikki

The Following User Says Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Mansester, FI
I continue to have several notifications in the notification home page, one after the other regarding situations app. However, this is not as bad as it was (I had only 3 just now since I updated the app).
I've had too for some time now already (can't remember if it started already before SFOS 4.5), and I've been thinking of reporting this but have failed to do so.
Looking at running processes via Crest, there are multiple instances of "harbour-situations2application server". Some of them can be easily killed, some spawn back. After device boot there are only one, but opening up the UI tends to cause another to be run, and then they slowly multiply (haven't been paying attention whether opening the UI triggers that or if it is something else). Edit: Looking at what you just wrote Heikki about single-instance launching failing, would this be that, actually?

And sometimes launching the UI also stalls at the splash screen / spinner, but I haven't been able to identify in what conditions that happens. It might be after killing away the extra ones but mistakenly killing also the "good one" in case the extra instances are somewhat zombiefied (but this is purely speculation).

I've not yet tried the new version but I am absolutely delighted to see that this app that I find being one of the most valuable ones is still being maintained!

Originally Posted by hhaveri View Post
Ahh, that one indeed was done completely in blind. I cannot test it myself at all. With the previous working version I got help - as far as I remember from the developer of rockpool. So I will probably need some iterations & testing assistance again to make it work. Can you help?

Will look into it.

Another known issue is that single instance app launching does not work - with the Launch action or from tapping a notification, Situations used to call invoker which had a single instance flag. But it is not there anymore.

If anyone knows how to do it properly, I'd appreciate some knowledge sharing. Current version does the launching like this: https://github.com/pastillilabs/situ...nch/launch.cpp

Br,
Heikki
I can try to help but I am no developer and have limited knowledge on debugging. On top, I am soon on holiday and will have limited time as I will be moving often.
After all those caveats, please explain how to help. That can be me or any other willing to help.
For info, more and more SFOS users are using forum.sailfishos.org instead of maemo.org btw; you may receive more support there including from the developer of rockpool (who is working for Jolla, @abranson)

Mostly I just need someone with a Pebble watch to try if my changes fix anything. And possibly send back log files. And potentially do this over and over again until success

Anyway, I'm happy to work on it later since I'm also about to start a couple weeks of vacation.

The multiple notification issue I could not reproduce with a clean installation. It is in any case one of the few places I have not really touched with the major refactoring. In theory it should only happen if there are multiple instances of the server running. And in theory that should not be possible - except perhaps if/when things go south with sandboxing.

So, I wonder if you have any leftovers of some other mechanisms to start the server process in your device? With this latest package there should be only one server running as root.

Br,
Heikki

Tags
sailfish os, situations