Notices

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Ceene, I think that is a fair bargain. Have voted.

Note that I cannot comment fairly on the state of the i386 package (and it BTW, is indicated as having a missing dependency) so perhaps limit the voting to armel?

Last edited by handaxe; 2016-02-22 at 13:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Yeah, i386 is not really required. It'd be useful to run it on scratchbox, which I guess I am the only one who does, and only for development.

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 222 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Prague
Originally Posted by Freddi View Post
Please thumbs up Yappari so it can be pushed through to the "extras" repository. A karma higher than 10 has to be reached for this to happen:

armel:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...appari/2.0.26/

i386:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...appari/2.0.26/

Thank you.
I have installed it but registration via sms doesnt work and call me comes back with status blocked. I have tried to get whatsapp response but they just say blocked for using unoffical app. how do I get unblocked with whatsapp and how to try new version without getting blocked immediately again?

Originally Posted by ceene View Post
Thank you for the interest, Freddi.

I am thinking of not releasing new versions until last one has been voted and promoted to extras. I know for a fact that there are some people that won't install anything that is not in extras, and it's quite egotistical of some not to spend one minute to vote something that is useful.
I have voted now. It took 24h to able to login in the voting site after creating the account to garage.maemo.org.

Big thanks for the developers of the Yappari. I really appreciate your work!

The Following User Says Thank You to mcnobody For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Barcelona - Spain
Voted, thanks for your work ceene!

The Following User Says Thank You to Fatalist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Hey, guys, thanks to all of you who have voted Yappari to reach extras repository.

I've just promoted it. It will take a few hours yet until it reaches the repos. I hope we can attract some more users with this and get into the well custom of voting stable releases, so everyone can enjoy Yappari.

I'd also like to tell you guys that I'm already working on the next gen Yappari, which will make use of coderus' libwa which supports Textsecure. This means no more lost messages and encryption support. It's gonna take some time but it will happen.

Thanks again to all the people who have voted!

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
I couldn't register yet... didn't get no confirmation mail. :/

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Barcelona - Spain
Can't see the name of groups and their avatars updated, I guess this is known.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Hi folks from the horses mouth

This links the Whatsapp blog reported by the newspaper mentioned in next post.

Last edited by handaxe; 2016-02-29 at 09:52.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Folks, just saw this in the newspaper - relevant extract cut and pasted below ... is the end of the N900 nigh? ...

Instant messaging application WhatsApp plans to discontinue support for its service on older smartphone systems such as BlackBerry and Nokia.

In a blog post on the weekend, WhatsApp said it will kill support for its app on the following operating systems by the end of 2016: BlackBerry (including BlackBerry 10), Nokia S40, Nokia Symbian S60, Android 2.1 and Android 2.2 and Windows Phone 7.1.

The Following User Says Thank You to Frasier For This Useful Post:

Tags
whatsapp, yappari