Notices

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Malawi
Can someone please explain what is this error, ''could not connect to registration server (error 1)'' ''socket error'' It has been several days now just getting that error. I did post my log above but nothing. I have seen other people are experiencing this too. Is this the end of yappari?
I would really appreciate your help. I love N900 but it seems its going down.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Bologna
Probably you are banned
trying to access from a mobile phone with the original whatsapp, as recommended in some previous posts.

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Not banned. Seems Yappari currently can't register. One of latest bad developments.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Malawi
Am sure not banned. When sms registration failed I tried call option and several times I have received the code when entered I get the couldn't connect to registration server.When I check the log there is some where it say socket error. I have been banned before and in the log it shows that you have been banned. Does this mean we have to wait for v2.0.25?
My advice to you is that if you are experiencing some little problems dont uninstall to re install again hoping to solve the problem thats when this happens. this new version has problems especially registration.
I wish this was fixed sooner, I was becoming glued to whatsapp/yappari. I dont like having two phones and am not a fun of android.

Yup... My currently in use n900 started having screen issues a few days ago, so I had to power on my older (still functional) n900 and tried to register yappari on that one, which didn't work. It did work just fine on the other phone before that though.

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
I have a hunch on the registration issue. I'll release something tomorrow. Be patient and keep your hopes up!

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Brasil
Originally Posted by incrys View Post
You lost any message?
With 2.0.24 i lost only iphone message, message in the group wrote by an iphone and some time the first message on the day send by windows phone...
the problem is with all systems

Registration issue is now solved on latest releases! I'll be posting changelog and links soon, but there's already latest version available on extras-testing.

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Please thumbs up Yappari so it can be pushed through to the "extras" repository. A karma higher than 10 has to be reached for this to happen:

armel:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...appari/2.0.26/

i386:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...appari/2.0.26/

Thank you.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Freddi For This Useful Post:
Thank you for the interest, Freddi.

I am thinking of not releasing new versions until last one has been voted and promoted to extras. I know for a fact that there are some people that won't install anything that is not in extras, and it's quite egotistical of some not to spend one minute to vote something that is useful.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:

Tags
whatsapp, yappari