Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Stuttgart, Germany
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Why the separate repo? Why not upload to extras-devel (it'll let you override it in devel even if you're not the maintainer, and honestly, you could contact maintainer and ask him to let you maintain it, I'm sure at this point they'd know you'd do a better job than them - or if they don't respond, I think council can do something about that, last I checked, by prodding the right people who handle the repo management).
It is not a problem of repo management. Navit currently does not build properly on armel in scratchbox, which I think is a qemu issue at the end. When building on armel, the png generation tool crashes (I do not remember the name right now, might be svg2png or similar).

So to get it in extras-devel, there are two options:
  1. - Fix scratchbox (which I think means upgrade qemu to a recent version). And I do not know if that solves the problem....
  2. - Workaround the problem in the debian package, i.e. put precomputed pngs in the debian dir for the navit-data package.

For both I do not have the time to work throught the details, if anybody wants to help, I support as good as I can (and continue to build packages on bokomoko.de until the extras-devel setup works).

Here are my current build scripts:

http://bokomoko.de/~rd/navit/build_navit_n900.tgz

Rainer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rdorsch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
Hi Rainer. i just upgrade to the latest navit from bokomoko. the map shows a car icon for pubs...why?
also there is a man icon for poi vehicle_pedestrian but i dont know what is the osm related feature...i will investigate the osm data
benches are fine

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by arne.anka View Post
- monav maps need to be prepared by you, since there's no usable provider -- latest monav available for n900 requires maps more rcent then the ones linked to from the monav hp
I've made a script for simple Monav routing data generation. It only generates the routing data, as modRana currently has no use for the other Monav data types (vector data for map rendering & address database) but it should not be too difficult to modify the script to include all data types.

I'll be also setting up an online repository with Monav data packs, but it would be routing-only, at least initially.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
Hi Rainer. i just upgrade to the latest navit from bokomoko. the map shows a car icon for pubs...why?
also there is a man icon for poi vehicle_pedestrian but i dont know what is the osm related feature...i will investigate the osm data
benches are fine
gianko,

sorry to hear that your pois get reordered.

Mine still look ok, see

http://bokomoko.de/~rd/navit/navit_screenshot.png

for Downtown Tübingen.

Rainer

maybe i have an old navit.xml or the problem is with the map generated from navit planet extractor...

is there a fine navit.xml for maemo in your repo?

maybe i have an old navit.xml or the problem is with the map generated from navit planet extractor...

There is always an up-to-date navit.xml in the directory /etc/navit which comes with the package.
Of course you must customize it for your own needs.
Hint: diff is your friend

HTH & HAND

Michael

The Following User Says Thank You to magic_doc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Russian Federation
Hey guys! Who can teach to speak clearly our navit? Is it possible?
Best regards and sorry for my English.

Hmm...I just downloaded a map from planet extractor. Worked fine.

Here is my .navit dir on the n900:

http://bokomoko.de/~rd/navit/navit-config-n900.tgz

Rainer

The Following User Says Thank You to rdorsch For This Useful Post:
i downloaded a newer map from navit planet extractor as long with updated navit.xml now the reordered pois issue is gone.

but i noticed some other issue...i updated navit to the last version 5246.4, so my patch adding some new pois is implemented. the new pois (bike_sharing,shop_bicycle,car_sharing,bicycle_par king) are recognized and the navit.xml has itemgras to show them, the problem is that the icons are missing in /opt/navit/share/navit/xpm

why?

i downloaded a newer map from navit planet extractor as long with updated navit.xml now the reordered pois issue is gone.

but i noticed some other issue...i updated navit to the last version 5246.4, so my patch adding some new pois is implemented. the new pois (bike_sharing,shop_bicycle,car_sharing,bicycle_par king) are recognized and the navit.xml has itemgras to show them, the problem is that the icons are missing in /opt/navit/share/navit/xpm

why?
Hi gianko,

I think because they are missing in navit/navit/xpm/Makefile.am ... maybe other icons are missing in there as well (?).

My n900 build uses autotools, I suspect that cmake does not need this file.

Rainer

Tags
navigation, navit, nokia n900, openstreetmap