Closed Thread
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, Espaņa
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
be careful, command suggested as "fix" will reset every builtin application settings, and some 3rd party also.
That is exactly what happened!, but not to any major detriment.

Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
That seems a bit drastic, as it clears everything.

I guess
Code:
dconf reset  -f /apps/jolla-camera
might be a better place to start.
Thanks guys, yes, it did reset a few things, but it was simple enough to correct, I had to simply choose my switches and shortcuts again, nothing drastic in reality, but point taken - reset a particular string instead of the whole set up, a much better idea, thank you Fuzzillogic. I have updated the first post to reflect your comments.

In my case, it was beneficial to reset dconf completely, as I've messed with it in the past, which is probably the very reason I had no flashlight in video mode.

Last edited by Markkyboy; 2016-10-08 at 00:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
I don't get it, I got 2 reports for the OP, including one by OP to delete his OP.
But that will remove the entire thread, what do you guys want me to do?
Please PM me, I'm not following this thread, thank-you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
So the OP cannot take a bit of criticism and has overreacted. Big deal. It has happened to all of us. Not a reason to delete the whole thread. I say leave it as it is. There are some useful lessons in there, for example on how to report a bug and how to always start from yourself when something goes wrong.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Yeah, sure, I got pissed off and asked that the post be closed, as I read back through, certain people were rude and got quite abusive...I don't come here to be abused.

Yes Jalyst, I originally wanted the thread closed and surely, as a member here, if I request a thread being closed it should be closed - but I'm not arguing. Leave it open or close it, i don't give a toss, problem sorted.

The Following User Says Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Markkyboy View Post
Yeah, sure, I got pissed off and asked that the post be closed, as I read back through, certain people were rude and got quite abusive...I don't come here to be abused.

Yes Jalyst, I originally wanted the thread closed and surely, as a member here, if I request a thread being closed it should be closed - but I'm not arguing. Leave it open or close it, i don't give a toss, problem sorted.
@Markkyboy, Sorry if I sounded rude to ya, sometimes it is difficult to express the feelings one really feels via text. No intend to damage you!

However what I think was that obviously you were worried of the condition of your device, which does make you sensitive to verbal jests, right?

I think what probably set people off was that you came across as a bit arrogant there, when suggested that you had bothched the device yourself (which I still think likely) but it is OK, we all do tweek our devices to the edge and sometimes it does lead to undesired thingies...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
@Markkyboy, Sorry if I sounded rude to ya, sometimes it is difficult to express the feelings one really feels via text. No intend to damage you!

However what I think was that obviously you were worried of the condition of your device, which does make you sensitive to verbal jests, right?

I think what probably set people off was that you came across as a bit arrogant there, when suggested that you had bothched the device yourself (which I still think likely) but it is OK, we all do tweek our devices to the edge and sometimes it does lead to undesired thingies...
No worries Juiceme, it was a culmination of prickly comments made by several people that got me, but hey, what's done is done, thanks for your words though, much appreciated.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
I will leave all as is, the OP has just PM'd me to explain things further, & I've just read all the posts since my last post;
Please do try to be respectful of one another folks, & remember the written word can be very hard to interpret (a large chunk of human comms is wrapped-up in our body language).
Instead of assuming the worst from something someone's written, consider other possible tones, & if you still feel the tone's no good, don't respond if you think it'll escalate things.
Of course if they're flat out wrong about something, you're free to point that out in a friendly/respectful manner...
Help or don't help, you're free do either, but lets try to keep this forum as welcoming as possible to new folks or less frequent posters, not just the old hats!

BR.

*EDIT*
But I will close it now, since the purpose for it (resolving an issue the OP was having) is no longer existent.

Last edited by jalyst; 2016-10-08 at 15:43.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread