I'm new to this device and wanted to know can you still install user made programs made on the n770 like mame emulator or some apps similar to the n800? Do they try to stop ppl from running aps like this like the psp does with firmware updates? I searched for this but couldn't find anything....

This is not a psp....all apps are free...practically. Get N800 if you can...it's newer. And right now if you have a compusa near you, you might be able to get it real cheap. They're going out of business.
"less is like more but better"

hey thanks but can i run the programs from the n770 on the n800?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by k.o.s. View Post
hey thanks but can i run the programs from the n770 on the n800?
For the most part. There are still a few incompatabilities, but developers are updating their apps for the N800 (it's 770, not N770 by the way).

will this keyboard work with the n800

Last edited by k.o.s.; 2007-03-15 at 23:25.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
will this keyboard work with the n800
No.

Well... unless IRDA is the famous N800's "real" easter egg. Hmmm... -- Still: no.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Wait... You could of course buy a RS232-to-Bluetooth converter (http://www.roalan.com/Bluetooth%20Wi...0Converter.htm), then hack a serial-to-IRDA to that, finetune xkbd (the IRDA keyboard probably presents itself as a serial keyboard anyway) and make it work after all.

Somehow I think that by the time you get it working, you'd wish you'd simply had bought a BT keyboard. It would be cheaper as well. Less fun, but cheaper.

lol I think i will go for the BT keyboard......but does it matter what type it is? Would this mini keyboard work

lol I think i will go for the BT keyboard......but does it matter what type it is? Would this mini keyboard work
You better go for a HID-compliant keyboard. The SPP ones (the original Freedom Keyboard e.g.) can be made to work, but it's a lot more trouble without guarantee.

AFAIK Freedom Mini is HID and has been made to work (search the forum for confirmation), but personally I'd go for either the ThinkOutside (Igo) or the Nokia keyboard. I know those work.